Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
OT: Two for Tuesday!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
What are two things this community probably doesn't know about you?

It can be anything - favorite food, special talent or hobby.

Here's mine:

• I'm left handed
  • My favorite color is purple

Who is next?

Haylen

dustnbones99 responded:
I'm convinced that some sort of creatures live on the roof of the apartment building behind my back yard. I think they might be gargoyles. It's possible that they're just crows but my eyesight is poor and i'd rather have gargoyles

I only sleep 2 or 3 hours a night.

laura2gemini2 responded:
1. I am an identical twin. My twin does not have diabetes. We think this may be because of another autoimmune disorder that affected me much more than it did her. Or maybe the other way around. Who knows? There are many baby pictures where who is who is still in dispute.

2. I crochet for fun. I've made many different types of blankets, scarves, etc. (I cant do socks.) Right now I'm making a nice heavy comforter for my hubby for Christmas.

Debsbears responded:
I'm typically right handed but on strength tests my left hand can press 10 lbs more than the right.

Before my neck surgery I could bench press 145 lbs. Now I'm lucky to do 50.

My favorite color is neutral or light browns.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

dustnbones99 replied to laura2gemini2's response:
I crochet too but i only make toys. I did find a pattern for socks but i think they would be too bulky to be comfortable.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to dustnbones99's response:
Dusty - I would love to see your crocheted (is that the right work?) toys! I'm sure they are great! I don't , however, want to see the gargoyles.

Deb - Wow - I've never tried to bench press - that is impressive. I'm sorry your strength was so compromised by your surgery. I haven't followed up with you in a while but would love a health updated from you!

Laura - I am fascinated by identical twins and the whole nature vs. nurture studies that have been done. LOL re: the baby pictures. Are you guys close? Are you similar in personality. Really, I could pepper you with questions all day

Haylen

Debsbears replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Haylen, I am still gathering my notes and will be posting on my blog tomorrow as I do not have any Dr appts.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

SWEDGIRL responded:
.I am borderline Type 2 diabetes. My A1C reading is 6.8 and I am working very hard not to reach 7.0. Started a change in diet and exercising more.

. Love to sing and anywhere.

laura2gemini2 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
We were really close growing up, but that was mostly because we were so identical that no one would know who was who. Everyone started calling us just by our last name (and I still respond to my sisters name out of habit sometimes). We went to a private school where we had to wear uniforms, same hair cut, same shoes, same everything. We even got the same gifts for Christmas (or just got 1 and were expected to share). The major difference was that when we got sick I always got sicker than she did, so my mom knew if sis was out for a day I'd be out for 3.

Once we started college and started finding our own personalities we started separating. She became a nurse, and I got a BS in Biology.

We can still hold a conversation by just looking at each other, and do often when mom's around.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to SWEDGIRL's response:
Hi swedgirl and welcome!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to laura2gemini2's response:
LOL re: "when mom's around"

Moody_Star responded:
I'm the carrier of a fairly rare genetic disorder -- urea cycle disorder; the specific enzyme that's missing is ornithine transcarbamylase (OTC). The disorder interferes with the metabolism of protein, resulting in the accumulation of ammonia in the blood. I don't suffer from it, but I am a carrier and passed it on to my son. I wrote an article about the testing I and my family went through, which was published in a medical journal in 2007.

My son and I share the same birthday.

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 170 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.