Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I'm finally a full diabetic
mustang37b posted:
hello group I'm crying, I got bad news from the doctors today, I'm a full blown diabetic, no more just diets and exercise, I'm starting mental formant, now I'm just like all of you and I'm scared to death,I don't want to die I want to live a long life but with my mental illness if a keep me to death I'm very scared that I will die from the disease. I'm just given up

barb10562 responded:
Tang dont give up so fast. You have known all along that you were diabetic and needed to watch what you ate. Sometimes you ate all you wanted and sometimes you were careful. Now you know that you need to cut down. You can take pills if your doctor says its OK. Talk to him about how you can get control and stop fooling around.

DavidHueben responded:
Mustang/Den:

Quit crying and get to work.

You aren't going to die.

As Barb said, you have been diabetic for some time. Just refused to accept it.

By the way, the name of the medication you were prescribed is Metformin.

David
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

mustang37b replied to DavidHueben's response:
I am taken now any side effects of med going take dibeates. I can't belive really desese now feel lost no support I am fraid I will now die in future. every one told me group That will get it it 2008 aall over again, I really change my diet at all but mayb pill I can exersise more modervation

Debsbears responded:
Excuse me but this isn't bad news or even new news to you. You have been told by your Drs. and us for a long time you are diabetic, you didn't except it because you were in denial.

We suggested time and time again to get on meds, to watch what you eat and exercise. Now your scared to death. Grow up and make the changes you need to now.

Oh by the way just because you were given Metformin for your diabetes does not mean you can eat what ever you want to - you need to own up to this and eat right like we have been telling you all along.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

natseen responded:
Mustang37b don't scare about death, there are many with diabetes living a healthy life with some consistent effort. My mother who got diabetes at her age of 35. she lived a healthy life 27 year until she died due to heart attack at her 62. She is not managed her diabetes well, because of lack of knowledge about the condition.

However there are many people here to help you to gain knowledge as well as mentally supportive. Hope in the future you will start educating newly diagnosed diabetes.

mustang37b replied to Debsbears's response:
I know, I'm a diabetic now, but I always knew that someday I will be a diabetic, the way of my behavior of eating, I don't blame you teddy bear for being hard on me. It's not you it's me that has to change. I've been working really hard since I got done with the facility at the unit I was in for a week. I learned I have to change and I know that. I know it won't be easy but I have to do something or I will die at a early age of the diabetes. It's just hard to explain how my mind works with the mental illness. But you have to admit something about me, there is something serious wrong with me and I think you all know that by now. But this past week I've been trying I've been walking briskly walk it's not easy but I'm doing it, I even gave up the starch foods and drinking a lot of water and taking my medication as described for my mental health the right way so I can stay on track and take care my diabetes the right way. It's not easy teddy bear but I know it's not easy for you either or anybody on the group, yes I'm scared and afraid that someday I will die from the disease, from a heart attack or my case failing all my legs infected,but I can worry about that right now. I know you don't give me support the way you did in the past I just wish you could because the time inside me I'm a good person and caring person but I know the mental illness gets out of the way, but am working really hard in my mental recovery right now and learning the skills, I'll beat my diabetes and my mental illness you all just have to give me a chance. Teddy bear off the record I do care about other people I'm beside myself, even you you may not even see that but I do try to care for others when my mental illness is controlled, I'm sorry you feel that way about me, but I am trying this time very hard in my diabetes. That's all I can say to you. Mustang

mustang37b replied to natseen's response:
Barb I will try harder and I will exercise today and I will eat proper with wheels on meals, I even bought food for the weekend so I can need better. My caseworker is working with me to go back to school and learn the basics again my comprehension, my reading skills spelling skills everything. He's not forcing me but I want to do it he should guiding me through the steps in funny places it may be a library for free I heard, that way yes I am trying to stand track

Debsbears replied to mustang37b's response:
Okay let's get a few things straight here: I was not being hard on you, just telling you the truth. I do not beat around the bush I tell it like it is.

You have no reason to be scared of diabetes - you were told and warned by your Dr and us.

You keep saying it's hard for you to explain your mental illness, no it is not - you do it all the time. We know you have a problem, we know you are getting help.

Many have told you over the years you won't die from diabetes - it's the complications that can if they do control their diabetes.

I am sorry for saying this but I need to - there are many times you do act like you are the only one with problems. You are not, everyone on this board has problems of their own, I will not single anyone out. But if you re-read your posts to others, you 90% of the time talk about you.

As for your diabetes you have no choice now - you are diabetic you need to eat properly all the time or you will have problems. I am diabetic but can not exercise you can so do it as often as you can and quit making excuses. Your leg hurts so find another way to exercise. I can not exercise because of my lungs but I do not complain about it, I do what I have to in order to keep my sugars in control. You can't beat diabetes if you don't work at it all the time. It is a life style change today and everyday not just once in awhile.

I gave up posting to you because I felt like I was wasting my time on someone who really didn't care and that is the truth. Now do something about it.

mustang37b replied to Debsbears's response:
teddy bear, I know you're frustrated at me, because of my diabetic behavior, but I'm really trying to secede. I'm working hard in my mental recovery not to be so selfish. But since I change my name I've been trying to help others. I know not only were with the problem everybody has problems, I know you're upfront with people, I know you may think it's a waste of time to post but the more people posts and comment the better I get. Because I see I need to change, not just eating healthy or exercising everything about me, but this past week since I left the unit I've been really trying and taken my medication as prescribed round-the-clock so you should see some improvement.

Debsbears replied to mustang37b's response:
Thank you for your comment - it will take time for you to succeed - it will take hard work everyday. Deb

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

peanut butter and ways to cut carbs
eat p'nut butter on celery sticks, real, fresh carrot sticks, fresh zucchini sticks. Eat tuna, and other proteins wrapped in Romaine ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 14 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.