Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
What's been happening since Mayo (OT)
Debsbears posted:
Has now been posted to my blog. I am not giving up but will keep fighting as long as I have air to breathe.

My diabetes is still in the normal range - which my doctors are surprised considering all that is going on.

As always thank you for your support and encouraging words it has helped me get through this a whole lot easier. Deb
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

mhall6252 responded:
Deb - I just read and commented on your blog. I am just in shock that you have to undergo surgery to remove the hardware, along with everything else you must endure.

I am thinking of you often, and hope that some day you can enjoy life uncomplicated by tests, procedures, surgeries, etc.

Many hugs and love to you,
Michelle
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to mhall6252's response:
Ditto what Michelle said ^^^^.

You are truly an inspiration for anyone facing health problems. You tenacity and drive for answers is just amazing. Really, I'm in awe!

Thank you so much for sharing - sending (((hugs))) and warm thoughts your way -

Haylen

Debsbears replied to mhall6252's response:
Michelle you are my inspiration. With having to endure more chemo and cancer. Mine is not life threatening unless we can't slow down the progression of the lungs then and only then will I need to think about lung transplants. I am good for now.

Please do not be in shock over the next surgery, I have anticipated it for awhile just didn't know when. I started rejecting the hardware already by the 3rd month, but knew I needed wait until I was at least a year out and/or I was completely fused. I will get through this and the rest as I have always done.

Thanks for the comments on the blog. I will post as often on the blog as I can so I do not take up too much OT stuff on here.

I keep telling people I would like to be normal just for a day but then reality sets in and this is my new normal.

Debsbears replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thanks Haylen, I will post as often as I can on the blog. I appreciate the warm thoughts and hugs.

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
73 of 144 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.