Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
the past three days, I'm staying away from starch stuff
mustang37b posted:
hello group, how is everyone doing?I would like to know?I walked, run today after my day program, I'm staying away from all the starchy food like pasta, macaroni cheese, Roman noodles, even in that cup Roman noodles, you will told me me it's not good for me and not healthy, so the past three days I've been staying away from starchy food, yes I gain a lot of weight and it's hard to lose a right now but I know if I keep walking riding my bike eventually I will lose the weight, I got my diabetes result HC1 6.6 I'm a diabetic I always know that, but am only one complaint for that number. I notice when I walk my left leg swells up still, I went to doctors and doctors and they could not find anything wrong with it, but it does swells up like a balloon. I even got discharge from it one Dr. because he could help me anymore. I don't know what it is. I guess I just have to live with it and walk and ride my bike but I know say can't run anymore, but anyway I have turkey meat what can I make with turkey meat, and group I'm sorry for my last post I did did not do that on NaturallySpeaking program, I did that on my own typing, so you may not even understood it. I did not understand. And if I don't understand it how should I expect you to understand it that's why just ignore that post, but group I've been trying for the past three days so far I'm working on me. Did I tell you all yet I'm taking myself back to school my caseworker I thought about it and he's that helped me to guide me through the process, it's a free literacy class at the library that I will attend a couple weeks from now, photo you should be proud because I know you were a teacher I'll go back on track and go back to school it won't hurt, maybe I'll some better my posts, but right now my thinking process is not that good anymore. But I do do a word search on my iPod that I mom got me my birthday last year. Hugs to you all keep on trying don't give up and I won't give up either. Tang

dustnbones99 responded:
I'm glad you're going back to school. I remember you said once that you didn't like to read because it was boring. I believe you think this because reading is hard for you. It actually makes me very sad that you have a hard time reading and don't enjoy it. Without being able to get lost in a good book i know i would find life unbearable. I suffer from mental illness too but i'm thankful i don't really have any learning problems. I really hope you can find some help with yours because it will make your life so much better.

NWSmom4g replied to dustnbones99's response:
Tang, many cities have programs to help adults read better. Here in Indianapolis, we have a free program, pairing a student and a tutor...it doesn't cost the student anything, except some determination and hard work. Many of our students have gotten their GEDs, some have even gone on to college.

Start by checking with your local library and the school district. They should be able to direct you.

Reading isn't boring when you're good at it!

Nancy

mustang37b replied to NWSmom4g's response:
Test, sorry for the interruption, my NaturallySpeaking was not working for a while, I tried everything but I notice it works on Internet Explorer Then Firefox, so far so good, anyway back to the topic my caseworker and I have a plan, if the library that does free literacy class, my math reading and my comprehension, can't wait to started, this time around I will learn from me so I can make better post maybe someday without using NaturallySpeaking, but NaturallySpeaking program is a good program it does help me.

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

peripheral neuropathy
When peripheral neuropathy first started for me, I tried the prescription drug neurontin; it was mildly effective, but the side effects ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 6 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.