Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Dusty - checking in
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
I hope you were able to stabilize your sugars and get some support this weekend!

Please give a "hello" so I know how you are!

Haylen

dustnbones99 responded:
Sorry for the delay. I'm not able to post from home. My sugar is still very high, in the 300 -400 range. I haven't been able to sleep or eat. I can drink , i'm very thirsty actually, but when i eat i throw up. I haven't been able to calm down or stop shaking either. I'm sure the high bs isn't helping but the real problem now is my anxiety disorder is really out of control.

Thank you for checking up on me. I really do appreciate the concern. This whole incident has made me feel very alone.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to dustnbones99's response:
I'm really worried about your health Dusty - are you at work today? I think this warrants a call/trip to doctor...please take some action to get your sugar down ASAP.

Haylen

p.s. AFTER you address your sugar - check with the community I mentioned earlier. Some great supportive people there and an expert who can make you feel not-so-alone and give you some tools to address your anxiety now. Please click here: http://exchanges.webmd.com/anxiety-and-panic-disorders-exchange

(There are 6,000 members of that community)

dustnbones99 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
I'm in work. My bs has come down a bit, 280 now, but i still feel rotten. I really hurt my arm fighting with the intruder and pulled muscles in my chest and neck too so i'm in some pain. This isn't helping my numbers either.

I will have to check out the anxiety board. I did post on the sexual abuse board. Although this incident has nothing to do with SA i do suffer from a past history of it which makes me more prone to panic and anxiety.

The fact that you were able to fight off a man is amazing.

Serious question - do you have any martial arts/defensive type of training or were you on pure adrenaline?

Since I read your story, I have been keeping my two gigantic dogs in the house with me when the kids and I are home alone.

H

dustnbones99 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Now that i think about it you're right. I must have been in touch with my inner Morrigan. Really i have no martial arts training and the body strength of a sick kitten. It really was adrenaline. My dog is sort of big, he's 90 pounds, and usually vicious. When i walk him he lunges at everyone and his vet, and all the vet techs, are afraid of him. I really feel betrayed by his failure to back me up. The only thing i can think of is that he has a fear of drug addicts.
He might have been abused by them as a puppy and the smell of the chemicals in this guy's system triggered some bad memories. He had a complete psychological breakdown. He was back to his old nasty self yesterday and tried to eat a neighbor who came over to ask me what happened. This guy told me that he tried to bite him through the fence when he works in his garden.

90 pounds?

Yup, I'd say you have a big dog! That's interesting that he didn't attack. I think you're guess is probably pretty close about bad memories. Was he a rescue? Do you know his history?

I hope your sugars are more stable!

Haylen

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
73 of 144 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.