Skip to content
accu-chek nano meter and test strips
An_247725 posted:
any one try the new accu-chek nano meter and strips. Does your insurance help cover the strips. looking to buy one but havent found a store that carries both meter and stirips.

mhall6252 responded:
I use One Touch Ultra and my insurance covers the cost of strips with a co-pay. Ask your doctor for a prescription for both if that's the brand you want to use. You might also check your insurance formulary list - sometimes they cover all the cost if you get their "preferred" brand.
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

NWSmom4g responded:
I got a Nano yesterday, but I don't have strips or controls yet, so obviously haven't tried it out (earlier Roche meters came in a "starter kit" that included a few strips, and maybe control solution). I can't get stripe til I use up all the ones I have for my Mini...and that will take a few weeks. Maybe I'll just buy a small package of strips!

Will let you know if I like the new meter when I get around to using it.........

Nancy

NWSmom4g replied to NWSmom4g's response:
Update on the Nano...rather the strips: Bought a package of 50 strips (smallest packaging) at Walmart yesterday: $59.95!
(Insurance wasn't an option, but will be in about 6 weeks.) The meter may be inexpensive...mine was a freebee...but if you have to pay for your strips, WOW! Still haven't used the system, waiting for the pharmacy to get some control solution in for me.

Nancy

Helpful Tips

Newly Diagnosed Diabetes?
It can be overwhelming to be diagnosed with diabetes. You may not know what steps to take and your doctor may have written a script and ... More
Was this Helpful?
40 of 51 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.