Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
OT: Two for Tuesday!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Two questions:

What's the weather like where you live this week?

Most memorable birthday present you ever received?

Me:

Weather: Temps near 100, unusually humid and then THIS happened today: Rotten-egg smell overtakes San Fernando Valley, rest of L.A. County The 4 year old and I gagged when I walked outside to take her to school. It was so gross!

Memorable gift: This might sound crazy but.....the gift that comes to mind when I think of birthdays is a silly straw I got when I was 6. I have a vivid memory of my mom making a glass of chocolate milk and taking the first sip. There are many photos of me at family meals and events with the curly straw. I can still remember how it felt to bite down on the hard plastic. I think it was even more memorable because it was 100% off limits to my brother (4 at the time).

Anyone else want to share?

Haylen

mhall6252 responded:
The weather here in southern NH is fabulous - cool nights and clear days with temps in the mid-70s. Now if it would just stay like this until next May...hahaha!

My most memorable gift - handmade birthday cards from my grandchildren. What could be better?
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

NWSmom4g responded:
Our weather so far this week has been lovely! High 70s, low 80s, either blue sky or partly cloudy. Such a nice change from most of our beastly hot summer.

My last birthday was the most memorable, as I turned 76. I don't believe it most of the time, I can't be that old....but the woman in the mirror says, "Yes, you really are!".

Nancy

Debsbears responded:
The weather here is WI is great - which it would stay like this - In the 50's at night and low 70's during the day.

Memorable birthday gift: Too many to tell but one strange one I will never forget was this year on my 56th birthday I decided to take "Little Debbie" cakes to our Bingo event. People always made their cakes - I had no energy and it would have cost me close to 25.00 to make one - I didn't have any of the ingredients to make one - so I cheated.

Cost was only 8.00 for 40 pieces. The look on their faces was priceless. What a hit - all the elders just loved them. Of course they were double chocolate, being the right size people are still talking about them and some are buying on a regular basis so I have been told. Because they were small my sugar was fine with it.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Debsbears's response:
Love that story Deb! Nancy, I've felt the same way every birthday past 29 - I still feel 29 but that mirror!

Michelle, you just reminded me that we need to start making some cards for grandma!

Haylen

dianer01 responded:
We will be in the high 90's to low 100's this week, the problem is I live in the desert and our humidity is really high this year. It is getting tiresome, I am looking forward to fall. We have the same icky smell here as you Haylen but are about 100 miles closer to the source.

The most memorable gift? I received an automobile gas cap for my 22nd birthday from my father. My stepmother was horrified but I couldn't have been happier. I bought my first new car a few months before my birthday and almost immediately lost the gas cap. Unfortunately my budget was so tight I couldn't afford a replacement from the dealership and had to settle for the $2 special from the local discount store. Dad knew what that car meant to me and really pulled through!
accelerate out of the corners

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
71 of 142 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.