OT: Two for Tuesday!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Two questions:

What's the weather like where you live this week?

Most memorable birthday present you ever received?

Me:

Weather: Temps near 100, unusually humid and then THIS happened today: Rotten-egg smell overtakes San Fernando Valley, rest of L.A. County The 4 year old and I gagged when I walked outside to take her to school. It was so gross!

Memorable gift: This might sound crazy but.....the gift that comes to mind when I think of birthdays is a silly straw I got when I was 6. I have a vivid memory of my mom making a glass of chocolate milk and taking the first sip. There are many photos of me at family meals and events with the curly straw. I can still remember how it felt to bite down on the hard plastic. I think it was even more memorable because it was 100% off limits to my brother (4 at the time).

Anyone else want to share?

Haylen

mhall6252 responded:
The weather here in southern NH is fabulous - cool nights and clear days with temps in the mid-70s. Now if it would just stay like this until next May...hahaha!

My most memorable gift - handmade birthday cards from my grandchildren. What could be better?
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

NWSmom4g responded:
Our weather so far this week has been lovely! High 70s, low 80s, either blue sky or partly cloudy. Such a nice change from most of our beastly hot summer.

My last birthday was the most memorable, as I turned 76. I don't believe it most of the time, I can't be that old....but the woman in the mirror says, "Yes, you really are!".

Nancy

Debsbears responded:
The weather here is WI is great - which it would stay like this - In the 50's at night and low 70's during the day.

Memorable birthday gift: Too many to tell but one strange one I will never forget was this year on my 56th birthday I decided to take "Little Debbie" cakes to our Bingo event. People always made their cakes - I had no energy and it would have cost me close to 25.00 to make one - I didn't have any of the ingredients to make one - so I cheated.

Cost was only 8.00 for 40 pieces. The look on their faces was priceless. What a hit - all the elders just loved them. Of course they were double chocolate, being the right size people are still talking about them and some are buying on a regular basis so I have been told. Because they were small my sugar was fine with it.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Debsbears's response:
Love that story Deb! Nancy, I've felt the same way every birthday past 29 - I still feel 29 but that mirror!

Michelle, you just reminded me that we need to start making some cards for grandma!

Haylen

dianer01 responded:
We will be in the high 90's to low 100's this week, the problem is I live in the desert and our humidity is really high this year. It is getting tiresome, I am looking forward to fall. We have the same icky smell here as you Haylen but are about 100 miles closer to the source.

The most memorable gift? I received an automobile gas cap for my 22nd birthday from my father. My stepmother was horrified but I couldn't have been happier. I bought my first new car a few months before my birthday and almost immediately lost the gas cap. Unfortunately my budget was so tight I couldn't afford a replacement from the dealership and had to settle for the $2 special from the local discount store. Dad knew what that car meant to me and really pulled through!
accelerate out of the corners