Skip to content
See metformin, I'm losing weight
mustang37b posted:
Hello group, I don't know if this my imagination, for the week I've been taken diabetes medication called metformin, I notice I've been going to the bathroom a lot, number two and another thing I notice I'm losing weight I feel much lighter and I'm even exercising, could this be drug be a miracle pill to lose weight. When I left the doctors office about week ago he told me at times and medication will make you lose weight but not so fast, could this might be my imagination, and I read everything on the post I will not stop taking metformin, I noticed since I've been on it, I notice,my suger been stable, is must normal, just wondering, but I lot stool. PS there are times I get high numbers when I eat starchy food why, but I'm trying to cut down on junk food and eating more vegetables and salads

DavidHueben responded:
It is your imagination. Metformin does not promote weight loss. It is not a "miracle pill".
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

Anon_527 responded:
The symptoms you are having are known side affects of Metformin and may wear off in a few weeks.

Eating starches raise blood sugar. Period.

mustang37b replied to Anon_527's response:
Thank you David and Anon. I will not stop metformin because this past two weeks since I've been taken in my sugar is a much better. Even at times I eat the wrong food, but overall I'm trying hard to the success in my diabetes, yes today I had some doodles but I noticed the package was high in sodium that's okay for me because I don't get enough salt in my body. If this makes sense I'm heavier and lighter other days, meaning what I'm wearing I feel skinnier if that makes any sense, but my last weigh-in was 143, can't seem to get to 130 anymore, my belly is huge I don't look good in shorts does anybody have Isles have problems the way we dress makes us feel different than another day just want to know your output.but exerssei & walk lot today.

mustang37b replied to DavidHueben's response:
David, the doctor did tell me, at times in a couple months I could lose weight in a few months but you're right it's not a miracle pill and it's not losing weight but he said you could get some energy,so could walk he knows I've been through a lot with my car accident and being stressful all time, with mother, but he also said you have to try not to have stress because you glucose goes up when your stress, but lately I've been doing much better with stress very calm and collected with mom

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
120 of 171 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.