Skip to content
higher fasting numbers
dianer01 posted:
I have been on the same dosage glyburide and metformin for about 5 years and my morning numbers have been pretty consistent for a long time, usually 95 - 110. A couple of months ago the pharmacy changed the company they get the glyburide from and about the same time my morning numbers jumped to the 130-150 range and I have been struggling to get them back down. I checked with the pharmacy to see if I had the correct pill and dosage and they confirmed I did. My diet has changed for the better if anything because I am more aware of what I am eating to try to get these numbers down.

I am not sure if I should try refilling the prescription and try a new batch of glyburide or be calling the doctor. (3 month refill)

any thoughts?
accelerate out of the corners

flutetooter responded:
I have also read from a national known diabetes doctor, that the brand name Glucophage works better that some of the generics know as metformin. Maybe your doctor can ask for a particular company.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

dianer01 replied to flutetooter's response:
Thanks Flute,

I think I will refill the prescription at another pharmacy and see what happens.

di
accelerate out of the corners

Helpful Tips

Newly Diagnosed Diabetes?
It can be overwhelming to be diagnosed with diabetes. You may not know what steps to take and your doctor may have written a script and ... More
Was this Helpful?
40 of 51 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.