Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
ot arm injury
dustnbones99 posted:
I hurt my arm fighting with the intruder who broke into my house and finally got up the courage to see my dr about it last week. The pain is so bad i can barely move it. The dr. sent me for xrays. The tech told me i would be hearing from my dr. Since no news is usually good news when it comes to xrays i asked if this meant that my injury was significant. She said yes and also said i should probably be wearing a cast until i see the dr. I don't think anything is broken but something must have shown up. What other types of injury would show up on an xray?

Debsbears responded:
dusty I am sorry about your arm - since the tech really can not tell you what is wrong and you know something is - I would start by calling the Dr. and see what he or she says.

I know from personal experiences many things can show up on Xrays so it would be up to your Dr tell you what wrong. I hope it isn't serious. Deb
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

dustnbones99 replied to Debsbears's response:
Thanks Deb. I have a follow up with the dr. this week to get the results of the xrays and also some other tests.

Debsbears replied to dustnbones99's response:
Keep us posted Dusty. Again I hope it is not serious.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
It's good to see you! I'm glad you were able to get your sugars under control and hope your are feeling less anxiety about your horrible experience.

I've tried to "20 questions" an x-ray tech before. They won't say anything! What part of your arm is hurting? I know the x-ray of my shoulder revealed bone calcification and bursitis - but those are not injury related.

I am sending you positive, pain free thoughts! Please let us know...

Haylen

dustnbones99 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
The worst pain is in my elbow. I can't even touch it without pain and it is swollen. The pain runs down into my fingers as well. It hurts to type and use my hand. I can't lift anything with that arm either. She xrayed the whole arm .

I'm still having a lot of anxiety over the incident. A contractor is working on the doors but it has turned into a big project. The wood frame needed to be replaced and the whole entrance way. He was working with some sort of power tool and cut my gas line. This led to a bunch of firemen, police and utility workers. The utility co dug up half my driveway to replace the gas line. Right now it is very hard for me to get in and out of my house. I'm disabled and the path leading up to the house is a mess. I have doors but not all the locks are in place and there are open places around the door frame which still need to be closed. I'm having a very hard time sleeping between the arm pain and the door situation.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to dustnbones99's response:
Oh wow! You have a ton of "not great" things going on. (((hugs)))

Please let me know what you find out about your elbow. I hope when you tell me, you're typing without pain!

When is that door going to be finished??

H

mhall6252 replied to dustnbones99's response:
Dusty - I hope things are improving and your arm is healing. Take care of yourself!

Hugs,
Michelle
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

dustnbones99 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
It get's better. Last night during a rain storm my power went out. I
tried to go outside to see if other houses on the block were lit and found myself in water up to my ankles. The entrance way, which is pretty much open to the elements, had flooded. The problem is that the breaker box for my electricity is out there and it got soaking wet. I went back inside and spent the rest of the night in the dark worrying about crackheads and electrical fires.
This morning i tried to get out to go to work and fell in the driveway. My arm is very bad and i hurt my chest wall too. It hurts to take a breath.

It seems like the door/porch project will never be finished. Things just keep getting worse. I've really had it. I haven't slept in days and i'm starting to feel the effects.

mustang37b responded:
I'm so sorry dusty there are mean people out there, you can even trust them, even your neighbors you up to watch out for, the world been changing every since the 1950. 1950 was a good year people gave milk on their doorsteps and welcome then. *' but time has chaged.You ake care dusty I arm feel better

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

peripheral neuropathy
When peripheral neuropathy first started for me, I tried the prescription drug neurontin; it was mildly effective, but the side effects ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 6 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.