Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pain all Over Body- Pins and Needles and Other Things
4everChristian posted:
Hello! My mom has been feeling super hot for quite some time now (inside her body, not outside really) and been very dehydrated. Last week she started hurting all over with a pins and needles feeling. Some times it is worse and some times it feels a lot better. She said she felt this a long time ago and it went away. Not sure what it is because it happens when her BS numbers are lower or higher. Not sure what it is and thought someone might have some advice. Thank you! GOD bless<><

davedsel57 responded:
Hello.

The best advice any of us could give you would be to discuss this with your mom's doctor. It is both impossible and against the rules to diagnose or give medical advice over an internet message board. There are a number of conditions that could be causing these symptoms. The only way to get your mom the treatment she needs is to call her doctor.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

4everChristian replied to davedsel57's response:
Thank you for the response! We already had her go see the doctor, but she did not address what my mom asked her about. She has an appt soon with her, but we were just looking to see anyone has had the same thing.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi there!

Daved is right, it's impossible to diagnose a health issue online but I can give you additional information to take to your mother's doctor.

One of the symptoms of diabetic peripheral neuropathy may include tingling and pain. Click the link here to read about this common complication of diabetes, often related to blood sugar being too high for a long period of time: Diabetic Neuropathy

Only a medical professional can give your mom proper diagnosis and treatment so please do make an appointment ASAP!

Haylen

4everChristian replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you so much for the information Haylen! We thought about that as well. Do you know if the first form on the list is constant or if the pain goes away and then comes back? That is what happens. Sometimes when stressful situations occur, it gets worse. Thank you! God bless<><

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to 4everChristian's response:
I'm not sure but you and your mom should take detailed notes about the pain such as: time of day, duration, BS numbers, etc.
This will help her doctor pinpoint exactly what is going on so she can get a diagnosis.

Here's another tool that might give you more ideas to take to the doctor: Are You at Risk of Diabetic Nerve Pain?

Best of luck! Please let us know what you discover!

Haylen

4everChristian replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you! She has been doing that for quite some time as well. We will pray that God's will is done and that she is healed! Thank you for the advice and I will keep you updated. GOD bless<><

HappyCamper responded:
I saw the other posts. I would ask her doctor what symptoms she should be aware of for lactic acidosis. Diabetic nerve pain is usually isolated. An all over pins and needles could be the beginning of something else. Please ask her doctor and keep her hydrated in the meantime.

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
71 of 142 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.