Skip to content
father's health
judylynn0464 posted:
My dad is 80+. pace maker, CHF, Diabetic, and is now taking thyroid medication because doctor told him not to eat salt. Thyroid was up .4 points. He was doing ok, now the thyroid medication is causing his heart to pound,fluid gain, and causing problems. Heart Dr. will not call him back, but nurse did. He is scheduled to go tomorrow and see another heart doctor that is in the same office. Nurse said it was CHF. Well yea we know he has that problem. Mom is on top of his medication and his health. Anyone got a suggestion?

Anon_527 responded:
What other suggestions are you looking for? Medical professionals rarely reply to posts. Most of us are lay people. It sounds to me like your father is getting the proper care. Any concerns should be discussed with his doctor(s).

Helpful Tips

Getting blood sugar under control using insulin
I normally like Dr. Gabe Mirkin 's advice and newsletters. But in one of his most recent newsletter articles, he commits the same medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.