Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
penis size
An_247959 posted:
am 65 years old, have diabetes since 13 years,and am on medication only.i have hernia on the navel .when i ask the doctor for operation, he says when there is pain then you should have the operation,i my self am sacred ,as i have never had any kind of operation done.now my problem is my penis was 4 inches ,when erect was 9 inches,now it is only 1 inch and when erect is only 4 inches.i have been to two doctors and ask them ,is this because of hernia,and all they say is we donot know. and the size is normal, i am ashamed to keep going to doctors,when they tell me it is normal .i hope some one can let me know .

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
This is an excellent topic for the WebMD Men's Health Community .

Please click this link and use the orange "Post Now" button to ask your question there: http://exchanges.webmd.com/mens-health-community You'll get great feedback and we have an excellent expert - Dr. Marks.

If you have diabetes related questions, you can discuss in this community.

Yours in health,

Haylen

brunosbud responded:
Actually, erectile dysfunction is a classic condition associated with diabetes. Erectile dysfunction is mainly due to diminished blood flow to the penis. Excessive blood glucose (diabetes) progressively destroys blood circulation. Exercise and eating a healthy diet improves blood flow to every part of the body...and, most especially, the "part" you're concerned with.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to brunosbud's response:
Thanks for chiming in bruno! I really appreciate your input here and in other communities.

It's time for you to put up a profile photo, by the way.

Haylen

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

Newly Diagnosed Diabetes?
It can be overwhelming to be diagnosed with diabetes. You may not know what steps to take and your doctor may have written a script and ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 50 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.