Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
INGAP Peptide
kongfee posted:
Hi
I am new to this forum. I have been reading up on diabetes, particularly Type 2 to try understand it so that I could use it to help my partner who has Type 2.
I have read that there is a new drug being tested in Phase 2 Trials - INGAP Peptide. This drug potentially could help Type 1 & 2 patients to regenerate their Islets cells which would then help produce insulin for their needs.
Does anyone knows what stage of the Trial Testing is and the estimated time frame to confirm whether this drug is suitable for public use?

nutrijoy responded:
INGAP Peptide is still undergoing clinical study and trials after an initial promising start, then a period of limbo, then a re-start. David Mendosa discusses it in this Health Central article and there's also some information available at the government's clinical trials website ("the study is ongoing but not recruiting new participants). In any event, INGAP Peptide is unlikely to become a commercial products for many more years even if the studies are positive. That's just the way that government works.

kongfee replied to nutrijoy's response:
Thanks for the feedback. I have read the article and had visited the clinical trials website but no information as to what the status is. Exsulin website indicates that there are 2 more trials to be done under phase 2 but no information as to timing.

Helpful Tips

peripheral neuropathy
When peripheral neuropathy first started for me, I tried the prescription drug neurontin; it was mildly effective, but the side effects ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 7 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.