Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
diabetes strikes again
cnadygirl53 posted:
hello everyone, I'm back. The last time I posted here I informed you that i was having these problems with my diabetes, ok well for the past four months I have had four to five uti's and my back was bothering me bad. well today I told my doctor and he was concerned. He said it wasn't normal to have so many uti's since i've been hospitalized four months ago, and he took urine and said even now i had white blood cells in my urine, which meant i had another infection even now. he said there could be a blockage in my kidneys some where, or stones but he said if not handled it could get worse, like dialysis or removal worse. he did a pap and found major issues there as well. Ever since I was told i had diabetes i have taken it lightly, but diabetes is a big deal and i am learning a hard lesson about it's effects. by me burying my head in the sand it may cost me dearly.

barb10562 responded:
Yes, it IS a big deal. I have taken it lightly at times too but not for long and always get back on track. Hope u get a second chance so u can try harder.

brunosbud responded:
Diabetes is like the old AAMCO commercials. "You can pay me, now, or you can pay me later..."

Sounds to me your immune system is starting to head south and the back pain could be due to neurological degeneration due to poor sugar control. Does it take a long time to stop bleeding when you get a small cut or scrape? Do you suffer "restless leg syndrome" at night making it hard to fall asleep? Do you have go to the bathroom all hours of the night because you sense a constant urge to urinate? Do you need a more powerful prescription for your glasses or contacts? I sure hope not because that's some scary stuff to deal with.

At this point, it really doesn't matter if you're doctor's concerned. The only thing that matters is, Are you?

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
74 of 145 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.