Skip to content
slipper stopping by
amanda2581 posted:
Hello all you here, I have not been on here in awhile. I am down to a 8.1 on my A1C and all other numbers are good.I am still not walking much I am getting a back injection on the oct 1. hope it works any one else had one?I am seeing a endocrin dr. I am on a different amout of insulins.and that is helping,

dianer01 responded:
It's good to see you Slipper! I am glad to hear things are heading in the right direction.

di
accelerate out of the corners

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi and welcome back!

Is your back injection a cortisone shot ? I have had one of those in my my shoulder and it was almost immediate relief from the pain.

Hope you can get back to walking soon! I can't believe we turn the calendar to OCTOBER next week. Time is flying this year.

amanda2581 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
yes it is cortizone and steroids i think

DavidHueben replied to amanda2581's response:
Cortisone is a steroid. It can increase blood glucose levels and make insulin resistance worse. Make sure your doctor knows you have a relatively high A1C (8.1%) so that your glucose can be monitored after the injection.
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

mhall6252 responded:
Welcome back, Slipper! We miss your creative recipes!
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

jeyan replied to mhall6252's response:
Hi i'm new here can you pls give me some creative recipes I just had Type 2 diabtes and I am lack of knowledge on what to eat..

Thank you so much.

jeyan responded:
Hi, I'm just new here, hope you could give me some tips to lower blood sugar my last test my sugar is in average of 10 and I am really worried now, I knew that I have diabetes is when I went to an OB-Gyne Dr and she told me to take metformin it's been a month now, I eat healthy foods,I work out but only on my rest days. On wednesday I'll be seing an Endoc Dr, hope things will be fine.Also I've read that you have recipes for diabetic, hope to have it too, I'm really lack on knowledge on experimenting foods to eat.

You will be so helpful, I really thank you in advance...By the way this is my email. jeannybelamide@yahoo.com , hope to hear from you, Thank you so much.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to jeyan's response:
Hi jeyan!

Welcome to this wonderful community! Here's a link to get you started: WebMD Diabetes Center: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Tests, and Treatment

The best way to ask questions here is to start a new discussion with your question using the orange "post now" button at the top. That way our community members and experts can easily find your question!

I strongly encourage you to make an appointment with the doctor who prescribed your medication and go in with a list of questions about what that diagnosis means for your specifically. Also, you might want to ask for a referral to a nutritionist who works with diabetics to help you formulate a workable menu that you can prepare and enjoy.

I look forward to getting to know you better!

Haylen

auriga1 responded:
Hey, Slipper!!! Good to see you. Don't stay away for so long next time.

jeyan replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Haylen,

Actually I do have an appointment by wednesday to an Endoc Dr. I hope everything will be fine. I will check the link that you gave me and also thank you for teaching me how to start a discussion, I really appreciate your help,By the way I live in the Philippines and this site WebMD is very helpful, it gives a lot of information.

After a visit to my doctor I'll tell you what happen. Thank you so much.

jeyan

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to jeyan's response:
You are welcome jeyan!

I'll keep an eye out for a new discussion started by you -

Haylen

Helpful Tips

tips to help me help a family member
does anyone have tips to bring down diabetes More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.