Skip to content
Healing process has begun
Debsbears posted:
My sugars are finally back to my normal. What a relief.

The surgery on my neck was the 13th. I went on the 25th to get the staples out. (That was painful - 37 staples in all).

During the surgery they removed all the hardware (11 screws, 2 rods) plus they removed T2 laminectomy and shaved down T3 spinous process so they could no longer erode through the incision. (shadow box still being worked on).

Almost all the original pain is gone. The only pain I am dealing with is from the new surgery of re-cutting open 10" of the neck to remove every thing. I have to wait a month before going back to rehab. for my deep muscle massage.

I am only taking the Narco once a day for the pain and for the muscle spasms I am now taking Cyclobenzaprine 3 times a day - I have to cut the 5mg in half because it is way too strong for me - I go to sleep within 20 mins on the 5mg.

Anyway just thought I'd share the good news. Deb
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

mhall6252 responded:
Deb - it's good to hear from you and this is, indeed, great news! Ah, those muscle relaxers! I had to take a bit of valium after one of my surgeries and they certainly put me in la-la-land!

I am sending love and hugs for continued positive progress.

Hugs,
Michelle
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

davedsel57 responded:
Does sound like good news, Deb. I'm continuing to pray for your healing.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Welcome back - did you save the hardware for artwork?

I'm so glad pain has been reduced for you and that you're sharing good news.

Positive thoughts coming from California!

Haylen

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
76 of 148 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.