Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    I need help!
    millymills18 posted:
    Hello everyone I am type 1 Diabetic and have been for the past 14 years. I use a insulin pump to manage my blood sugar levels. I am in serious need of help. The supplier were I get my supplies is giving me a hard time and so is the Florida Medicaid. I dont have insulin supplies I had to return back to shots!!! A friend was kind in of to give me some supplies but the cartridges are too big for my pump I have a Medtronic Minimed Pump 523 and the supplies are for the 723. If anyone knows where I can get help to see if I can get the 723 I would greatly appreciate from the bottom of heart. My mom is a single parent and there's no way she can afford to buy me the supplies neither less the actual pump. Medicaid doesn't want to switch the pump for the bigger size so I am basically stuck like chuck. Any help is much appreciated!! God Bless you!

    Thank you
    nutrijoy responded:
    There are plenty of assistance programs available and a good place to start is to download this Public Assistance PDF file (just right-click on the link and select the [Save target/link as..>option>.

    Medtronic also has assistance programs and I believe the number to call is: Medtronic at 1-800-MINI-MED and they can redirect your call to the appropriate extension. The PDF file does contain lots of resource information and perhaps something in it will be of help to you. Good luck.

    Helpful Tips

    tips to help me help a family member
    does anyone have tips to bring down diabetes More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Expert Blog

    Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

    Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.