Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I need help!
millymills18 posted:
Hello everyone I am type 1 Diabetic and have been for the past 14 years. I use a insulin pump to manage my blood sugar levels. I am in serious need of help. The supplier were I get my supplies is giving me a hard time and so is the Florida Medicaid. I dont have insulin supplies I had to return back to shots!!! A friend was kind in of to give me some supplies but the cartridges are too big for my pump I have a Medtronic Minimed Pump 523 and the supplies are for the 723. If anyone knows where I can get help to see if I can get the 723 I would greatly appreciate from the bottom of heart. My mom is a single parent and there's no way she can afford to buy me the supplies neither less the actual pump. Medicaid doesn't want to switch the pump for the bigger size so I am basically stuck like chuck. Any help is much appreciated!! God Bless you!

Thank you

nutrijoy responded:
There are plenty of assistance programs available and a good place to start is to download this Public Assistance PDF file (just right-click on the link and select the [Save target/link as..>option>.

http://www.isletsofhope.com/pdf/diabetes-assistance-programs.pdf

Medtronic also has assistance programs and I believe the number to call is: Medtronic at 1-800-MINI-MED and they can redirect your call to the appropriate extension. The PDF file does contain lots of resource information and perhaps something in it will be of help to you. Good luck.

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
120 of 171 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.