Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My Blood Glucose from 10 down to 8.9 but my target is 6.
jeyan posted:
Hi,

I just visit my doctor and did have a test after a month from my last test. I had a 8.9 blood glucose but atleast I lower it down from 10. I am so glad that atleast I can manage to lower it down, but my target is 6 to be normal. I also now have a Dietician to teach me on managing on what to eat, my doctor gave me just a 1200 calories to take a day.

I am looking for simple recipes that is good for people with diabetes, maybe you guys have some tips there, I'll be happy to know it. I also hope that I could find new friends from this site that also have the same condition like me, so we could exchange ideas.

Thank you in advance

Jeyan

confused responded:
There are some great diabetic cookbooks out there, but my favorite for simple recipes, if you can find it is "The Diabetic Four Ingredient Cookbook." by Coffee and Cale. It was written using the Nutritionist IV Diet and Recipe Analysis . My only problem with it is they don't tell you to use salt or pepper or salt substitute to taste, so if you forget to, the meal is a tad bland. Otherwise, some lovely recipes in it that are yummy.

Keep up the good work on getting down to your target of 6 for your A1C.

Hope this helps you.
C

Helpful Tips

Getting blood sugar under control using insulin
I normally like Dr. Gabe Mirkin 's advice and newsletters. But in one of his most recent newsletter articles, he commits the same medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.