Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Muster! 10/08/12
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Good morning/afternoon!

Let's catch up, roll call, talk about our weekends and the upcoming week. I hope everyone had a happy and healthy weekend!

I had a birthday Saturday. Let's just say 40+ Started it at swim meet at 6:45 am for my 7 year old and ended w/quiet family dinner. THEN I ended up in the ER at 4 am! I thought I had some sort of spider bite. In 2 hours my finger went from slightly hurting to huge, black and blue and unbelievably painful. I left a note for my husband, jumped in the car in the dark and sped to the familiar ER (have been there with both daughters and father in law this summer). I'll spare you the gross details but the pain is gone and I'm going to live. WHEW.

I'm looking forward to cooler Southern California temps this week since it was 103 at my house on October 1st. I'm not looking forward to filling up my car. Gas prices are climbing towards $5.00 a gallon! I swear I'm going to buy a horse!

Who is next?

mrscora01 responded:
Looking forward to enjoying a lovely Canadian Thanksgiving feast tonight. Yum! BTW, we have it a month earlier because the crops up here typically come in earlier.

Cora
T1 1966, Dialysis 2001, kidney transplant and pump 2002, pancreas transplant 2008

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to mrscora01's response:
Happy Thanksgiving Cora! So that's why all of my Canadian coworkers are out of the office today

Haylen

betatoo responded:
Yes the plight of rising gas prices is hitting all of us. As long as we see those sorts of prices I do not believe we will see much in the way of economic recovery.

Wife went with my sister down to visit the niece that just started a new teaching job in NC. As my sister lives in NY and is single, my wife offered to ride down with her. They are on the way back today.

Have mostly recovered from disc problems even though I still have tingling in thumb and pointer. Have got a ton of clay waiting for me and intend to be in the shop this week making pots.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to betatoo's response:
I bet you can't wait to get to the clay! Are you working on pieces for yourself or others?

It's time to sign my daughter up for after-school enrichment classes again and pottery is near the top of her list. I have to confess that "cupcake baking" and "reptile explosion" were #1 and #2 choices

Debsbears responded:
Haylen happy belated birthday. Ouch on your finger and your gas prices, ours are still in the high 3.00 mark.

Our weather here is in the 50's and 60's just a little too cold for me to clean the patio doors. Friday it is suppose to be in the low 70's I'll have to do it then.

I spent the weekend cleaning the windows in preparations for my move, packed more stuff for Salvation Army to pick up next Monday.

I washed the inside and outside of my wood cabinets so they are done, one less thing to do on moving day.

I move on the 29th with the movers, so on Sunday Marilyn and I will take as many boxes as we can then that Monday the movers will take whatever is left, she'll stay at my new place waiting for the guys and my furniture, while I stay behind putting the finishing touches on the old place, turn in the keys etc... then Marilyn will come and get me so it will be bye to this place and hello to the new place. Everyday I do a little so I do not tax myself too much.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

davedsel57 responded:
Hello, everyone.

Autumn is at peak here in Western New York. The leaves on the trees are absolutely gorgeous. There was speculation that the leaves would not change but just fall off due to the summer drought, but they are beautiful.

Our eldest on bought a 2011 Smart Car a few months ago. He only puts in $30.00 to fill the tank once per month. I got a 2011 Hyundai Elantra a few months ago and it takes about $40.00 per month for gas. I mostly use it to take my dad (he has Alzheimer's and is in assisted living) out to dinner and for ride every week-end. We will all need vehicles more fuel efficient to survive.

Have a blessed and marvelous Monday and wonderful week, folks.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to davedsel57's response:
Dave - I'm fascinated by the Smart Car! Is he happy with it overall?
The next time I'm car shopping, fuel efficiency and safety are my only concerns. Last time I bought a car I just wanted a good stereo and a sunroof. My how things have changed....

davedsel57 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
My son loves his Smart Car. He has nicknamed it 'Happy' because anyone that looks at it gets happy. It is actually very safe and very comfortable inside. Also, it is made by Mercedes so it is a tiny luxury car - heated leather seats, all power everything. It is a great little car.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

tips to help me help a family member
does anyone have tips to bring down diabetes More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.