Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
hot foot diabetic
cnadygirl53 posted:
last night I had taken some medicine and put the kids to bed when I decided to cook dinner for my brother, I was gonna cook fries and chicken, when I feel asleep. I was awaken to the smoke detector saying fire over and over again, I raced into the kitchen grabed the handle on the pot ran with it when it exploded into flames into my face causing me to drop it and splatter hot grease on my feet and hands. the heat was intense so I ran got the kids and called 911 and passed out in the yard. I went to the er, they treated me for 3rd degree burns but I feel weak, and can barely walk my feet are swollen slightly but noticeable with blisters me being a diabetic how bad could this be for me? They gave me burn cream to put on it, it helps but my feet are darken and blistered. any advice to the matter.

dianer01 responded:
Ouch!!!

It sounds like you have some serious burns to your feet. I would follow up with your regular doctor and not take any chances. Do not pop any blisters and watch for signs of infection.

If you should have a fever, have uncontrolled pain or not able to control your blood glucose with your normal means, please go back to the ER on the double.

I am NOT a medical professional, these are my opinion only. Please do follow up with your doctor and let us know how you are doing.

my best to you

di

ps: why were you not wearing any shoes? I wear light weight canvas sneakers in the house just for that little bit of extra protection.....not enough support for all day but just enough to protect my tootsies from the corners of walls and splatters in the kitchen. ( I am not yelling at you, but we all know how important healthy feet are to our well being.)
accelerate out of the corners

Debsbears responded:
Your burns sound serious, please watch for infections and see your Dr. Do not pop the blisters they can turn into infections if you do. I will pray for your healing. How are you doing today?
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

Debsbears responded:
cnadygirl53 how are you doing? Are your burns getting better?
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

cnadygirl53 replied to Debsbears's response:
yes they are a lot better, and my feet are getting better. They swell sometimes but the cream seems to help. thank you for your concern and will keep posting.

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
70 of 140 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.