Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Type2 turning into type1 1/2
An_248453 posted:
I have been type 2 diabetic since 1993 when my Daughter was born. I have always thought my diabetes was caused by over eating and being overweight. I have lost a whole lot of weight in the last two years. Now that I am at my goal weight, I figured my insulin dependence would subside or my numbers would be better. Their not and I wake up to 500+ numbers every morning still. Any one want to hazard a guess why? I am clueless.

Debsbears responded:
Hi since I am not a dr or nurse my guess would be you could be eating the wrong kind of foods.

I would strongly suggest that you go see your dr, numbers in the 500's every morning is dangerous. Is your insulin out dated? What foods do you eat before bed? Are you taking the right dosage of meds for your high readings?

All these questions and more should be addressed with your dr. We can try to help you figure this out but we are not your treating physician.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

mrscora01 responded:
You may still be a type 2. It is possible that your pancreas simply burned out. A type 1 1/2 would be autoimmune and tests for antibodies can be done.

In the meantime, definitely see the doc. You shouldn't be running around with sugars that high. You daughter needs you around for a long time to come, and you want to be healthy.

Cora
T1 1966, Dialysis 2001, kidney transplant and pump 2002, pancreas transplant 2008

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
73 of 144 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.