Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

ATKINS- Eatting is a way of life~ Never a diet~
    Enchanted posted:
    Hi ~

Am glad this was posted. There were so many Atkins products that helped me when I was first Diagnoseed in 2000. THe breads and such I would add a bit of flax, or bran & a few nuts or blueberries. in moderation. It really helped me along the way. I think it is the individuals body that defines what works. I had taken the tpyramid serious & then modified what worked for me. Like popcorn plan then butter cooking spray then cheese sprinkles with no salt sugars carbs. It is fab! Or onion powder. I still do thse things. So why I got out of remission after 8 yrs is a puzzle along with liver spiked again in HIGH 200, thyroid which has been radiated & am on synthroid, & now pancreas is 4.7 HIGH. Any thoughts to these things? But mostly define your own way of life eatting. Take the work "DIET" out of your brain and just change your life & find substitutes~

Very sincere~
    D~

Helpful Tips

Tip for Less Severe Neuropathy Symptoms
    I was diagnosed with Type 2 over eight years ago and have been lucky enough to control my disease with weight loss, diet and exercise ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.