Skip to content
low blood
barbara49 posted:
my boyfriend is not feeling good so i checked his blood and it was 32 low blood count what can i give him
flutetooter responded:
Four ounces (1/2) glass of orange or apple juice, and put a call in to his doctor, if he is conscious. If not, of course, call an ambulance immediately. Don't assume he is "sleeping" when he may be unconscious. Does he carry a pen injector to get a shot of glucagon (?) if he is low? This is very dangerous. Also, plain table sugar, frosting, etc. He needs to tell you what to do if and when this happens again. Let us now how this turns out.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!
flutetooter responded:
Just a reminder that this is a support group. We are not medical doctors, and in fact I should probably not have answered at all in your situation except to recommend that your call his doctor or take him to the ER.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!
davedsel57 responded:

Flute gave you excellent advice, but is correct in her second post that you should just call your boyfriend's doctor or get him to an emergency room. WebMD or any medical site on the internet is not the correct source for medical assistance in cases such as this.

I hope by now your boyfriend is doing OK. Even if his blood sugar is back to normal, he must contact his doctor asap.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.



Helpful Tips

Getting blood sugar under control using insulin
I normally like Dr. Gabe Mirkin 's advice and newsletters. But in one of his most recent newsletter articles, he commits the same medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 6 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.