Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Blue Cross/Blue Sheild no longer cover Liberty Medical Patients Supplies
SunnySherrie posted:
I'm wondering what companies Blue Cross/Blue Shield will cover if they are no longer covering Liberty Medical Patients Supplies?

davedsel57 responded:
Your best course of action would be to call Blue Cross/Blue Shield and/or go to their website.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

DavidHueben responded:
You should call your insurance provider. I have BC/BS and had at least five different plans to choose from with variations in coverage.
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

An_248844 responded:
You should check out some sources on the internet for cheap supplies. I used to buy in bulk, now I'm on a pretty cheap monthly plan for my supplies, 15 bucks a month gets me my meter, 150 strips and access to a CDE whenever I have a question. Of course, I'm uninsured so this might not be of any help. Liberty Med wouldn't even give me the time of day!

DavidHueben responded:
Do you have prescription coverage in your plan? If so, you can probably get your strips that way with a prescription from your doctor.
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

davedsel57 responded:
Another option may be to purchase a meter and strips yourself. WalMart has excellent prices in their pharmacy department. Could be worth looking into.

Blessings,

Dave

DavidHueben replied to davedsel57's response:
She has insurance...BC/BS.

- Winston S. Churchill

davedsel57 replied to DavidHueben's response:
Yes. I have BC/BS through my wife's company. The plan is not very good and it is actually cheaper for me to buy my supplies at WalMart. I was just suggesting alternatives.

Blessings,

Dave

DavidHueben replied to davedsel57's response:
Does your BC/BS plan pay for prescription medications or do you pay full retail price. My BC/BS plan includes managed prescription drug coverage thru CVS/Caremark. Prescriptions can be ordered via mail order or picked up at a local CVS pharmacy. Because I am legally blind and can no longer drive, I have my meds delivered to my house via UPS.

- Winston S. Churchill

davedsel57 replied to DavidHueben's response:
Our BC/BS plan does pay for prescription meds. In fact, my oral diabetes meds (Metformin and Glyburide) plus the Lisinopril are 0 co-pay. From what I understood I would have to go with a more expensive meter and strips for it to be covered, and buying the supplies at WalMart was cheaper and easier.

I have the option and have had meds delivered. I now get mine at a local CVS.

All this is changing for 2013 so we will see what prescription coverage we have.

Blessings,

Dave

SunnySherrie replied to davedsel57's response:
I have talked with the lady at the pharmacy that I get my medicine from and they are suppose to let me know if I can get my diabetic supplies (testing strips) from there...it sure wouldl be a lot easier for me if they can. I liked my testing supplies being delivered to me by UPS or the USPS but the pharmacy will work too. I have looked in the past at Walmart for supplies and I could buy from there if I have to. Thank you!

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

normal reading
My Dr. said I have diabetes my a1c level is 6.5 and wants me to take Metformin 500mg. I took my bs test and it was 103 after I ate. I have ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.