Metformin question
mustang37b posted:
Hi again, for the last couple of days, I've been eating very healthy beans Brown Rice all the healthy stuff, but embarrass and gassing a lot, now the question on metformin I've been drinking a lot of water for the past fun and my urine is yellow is that normal. I would think should be clear since I'm drinking a lot of water. Yes there are times it's clear but other times or notice what I eat it's yellow. Is that from the metformin do not. And how long should I be on metformin, recently my Dr. pursued a new career, meaning I have a new doctor now, I'm not really happy with that because I don't like the lady. I'm thinking about not going to the doctors anymore taking care the diabetes on myself, but yes I do have appointment with the doctor on November 30.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

barb10562 responded:
You should NEVER, EVER stop going to the doctor! You need your pills and cant get them without a doctor!!!!!!!!! Dont worry about the color of your urine- worry about your blood sugar and eating healthy.Keep youe appointment with the doctor on the 30th. Promise?

DavidHueben responded:
Mustang/Den:

1. Yellow urine is perfectly normal.

2. You MUST continue to take your Metformin as prescribed. You might be on Metformin the rest of your life. Your doctor will be the one to decide when and if you can discontinue the medication. Don't take medical dvice from WebMD.

3. You MUST continue to see your doctor to help you with your diabetes. You have proven time and again that you cannot do it yourself.
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

An_245101 responded:
Metformin doesn't change the color of your urine, it is the amount of water you drink that does. The more water you drink the lighter the color. If you drink a small amount of water the darker the color of urine. We have talked about this before.

Beans are healthy for you but it will cause gas which is normal.

As to how long will you be on Metformin - that is between you and your Dr. It was given to you because you have proven to your Drs you can not control your sugars on your own. That is why you need to keep the appt. on the 30th.

flutetooter responded:
If you eat foods with a lot of Vitamin B (such as beans and brown rice) that will make your urine yellow, but this is good and not harmful. If you don't drink enough water your urine may be darker. Also beans and rice contain a LOT of sugar/carbs as compared with green beans or broccoli.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

mustang37b replied to flutetooter's response:
Thank you all for the good advice, I promise I would see a doctor anymore but I will, but the Dr. I had before will have to diagnosed with the diabetes four years ago was so good to me he explained everything in details and calm and collected, it's just frustrated one weekend new doctors in the facility, but I will keep my appointment with the lady Dr. on the 30th, for the past two days I've been eating very healthy but lots of beans vegetables less meat, and chicken, the reason I'm doing this group is I want to feel better about myself, the way I was going before had no energy but I notice the last couple of days I've been having a lot of energy, walking 51 min. cleaning my whole house in organizing, on Tuesday my psychiatrist nurse is going to check my medication, I so my psychiatrist and I told him I take medication round-the-clock and makes the very tired during the day. But at least these two days I had a lot energy and I think it's because I've been eating very healthy, mom was right and you all run right stay healthy, I'm glad my urine is okay. I've been drinking a lot of water 4 glasses a day, I know I said this time and time but I'm notice my belly small of these couple days. I even track all my food on the program both fit calorie.com. I even made new modivation friend

DavidHueben replied to mustang37b's response:
Mustang/Den:

Four glasses of water a day is not a "
lot of water".

You should probably have eight glasses a day.
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to DavidHueben's response:
Here's a brand new post from the WebMD Real Life Nutrition Blog:

Water: How Much Do You Need?

From the post:

Even slight dehydration can take a toll beyond giving you dark and smelly pee. Inadequate hydration is at the root of so many health (and skin!) issues — even ones that seem totally insignificant....random headaches, muscle cramps, or days where you feel cloudy headed/less sharp? Or maybe you deal with constipation even though you've increased your fiber intake, have super dry skin or chapped lips even when it's not winter, or always feel hungry or lethargic. Occasional light-headedness with standing can be (but not always) dehydration related.

So drink up!

Haylen

mustang37b replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hello group I been drinking a lot of water four gas glasses a lease, but my stool is very hard since I've been eating a lot of healthy organic food, is it because I have to get used to eating healthy, my mom tells me not eat organic foods because it's more expensive that's true, but group I needed a change in my behavior and mental illness since I've been eating organic food my mood and my medication is working very well, I'm exercising increasing walking. My blood sugar was great for the for days so far. Lots of water been helping me, give me support to keep me on track.

Debsbears replied to mustang37b's response:
Organic foods are more expensive - I thought you had little money for food? So how can you afford these foods? And what kind of organic foods are you buying?

Your stool can be hard because you are not drinking enough water and/or not eating enough fiber in your diet. Metformin is known for loose stools (side effect) not hard stools.

Haylen replied to David's post about "Water: How much do you need" it is in blue letters - if you click on that and read it - you will see you are not drinking enough water.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

DavidHueben responded:
I'll say it one more time. Four glasses of water a day is not a "lot of water"

Why are you paying a premium for organic foods when you have so little money for food? What do you consider organic foods?

- Winston S. Churchill

mustang37b replied to DavidHueben's response:
One of my friend got me into it. I know it's more expensive but the last 5 days I've been seeing a lot of improvement mentally wise and energy plus my meds tweaked little. I don't care what you say David, I'm drinking more water in my whole life if you want to criticize. Mine asking how much water do you drink a day. And if you say 8 good for you, everybody's different the point I'm trying hard like it or not, but I don't have to prove to you. I'm improving to myself that what counts if photo was here she would be proud she truly understands my mental illness because she had a brother with bipolar

mustang37b replied to Debsbears's response:
Deb I know, but I am drinking a lot of water for myself, if I drink four glasses a day that's a lot for me only me. I think I know the reason I'm getting heart stool is that again a lot of fiber and going from junk food, tool for organic, I mean not buy organic next time I told my friend, but my friend thinks I should buy a little bit of organic next, go food shopping, yes I'm on a fixed income. He is also on the fixed income but he believes in organic products. Anyway Deb it's fun cooking something different then eating junk food all time. I mean it I see a lot of improvement in my mental illness I'm exercise in about an hour a day I'm really working hard, trying to change my old behavior.

davedsel57 replied to mustang37b's response:
No one is asking or expecting you to prove anything to anyone.

The medical evidence is clear that the human body needs at least 8 glasses of water per day. The fact is that 4 glasses may be more than you have every drank per day, but you still need to drink more. Try adding sugar-free flavorings. There are several on the market that are delicious. Crush makes several flavors that are sugar free and even taste carbonated and that is what I use.

If you are serious that you want to improve your health, then you would be wise to listen to the advice given to you in this community.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

DavidHueben responded:
Den:

I no longer care what you eat or how much water you drink. You don't listen to any advice you are given.

- Winston S. Churchill