Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Frustration!!
coleysmom63 posted:
I had an A1C at the Dr's office two week ago this Wed. I still have no results!!! I have called the office so many times and nothing. The nurse will not tell what lab they use. I am not officially diagnosed with Diabetes and this is frustrating me. I drank 2 quarts of water on Friday I was so thirsty. I have been gaining unusual amounts of weight, extreme fatigue. I need answers and cannot get them, any suggestions on what to do? Thank you!

DavidHueben responded:
That is way too long to wait. My doctor receives my lab results the following day...electronically.
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

davedsel57 responded:
Hello again.

Can you change primary doctors under your health care insurance plan? That is what I would do. I've done it a few times over the years and each time it proved to be a very good choice.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

DavidHueben responded:
Have you had fasting glucose tests done on two separate day? That is the typical test used to diagnose diabetes?
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

Debsbears responded:
Hi coleysmom, did you ever get your A1c results?
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
73 of 144 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.