Skip to content
Has been a while since I posted
alliej0225 posted:
Has been quite a while since I put a post on here but thought I would let everyone know that I am doing good. My last A1C was 5.7. I started exercising and really watching what I eat and I do not even have to take pills....for now. The only "real problem" is my arthritis. And the darn thing is in my neck. Seriously, I have been told that one day that I would have to start the insulin shots but as long as I can do what I am doing now, I can keep it under control. Well, going to finish reading on here to check up on everyone. Have a good day everyone, and don't forget to vote!!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi there and welcome back!

It sounds like you are doing great - congrats on your healthy eating and exercise and avoid insulin!

I'm sorry about your arthritis in your neck...hoping you have found some way to increase mobility and avoid pain. Aches and pains - no fun

I'm voting with my husband after he gets home from work tonight - my 7 year old and 4 year old daughter will walk to the polling place with us. I've never missed voting since I turned legal!

Haylen

brunosbud responded:
Congrats on your successs, thus far, alliej0225. I believe, as do you, that with the proper lifestyle changes and weight loss, if needed, Type 2 diabetes can be quite controllable without the use of drugs. I think you and your doctor are doing an excellent job in keeping you healthy and safe. Good post.

Helpful Tips

Newly Diagnosed Diabetes?
It can be overwhelming to be diagnosed with diabetes. You may not know what steps to take and your doctor may have written a script and ... More
Was this Helpful?
40 of 51 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.