Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
David Petraeus
DavidHueben posted:
General David Petraues resigned today as Director of the CIA because of an extramarital affair. Why can't people keep their pants on?
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

davedsel57 responded:
I totally agree with you.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

auriga1 responded:
Unfortunately, it happens far too often.

brunosbud responded:
Petraus, who holds a Princeton Ph.D. in international relations, is considered the most effective and influential military commander in the post Vietnam era, plus...
he 'aint got diabetes.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2010/06/25/general-petraeus-workout-routine.html

"...At 57, the newly minted leader of the U.S. efforts in Afghanistan still likes to start his day at sun-up with a five-mile run, blazing out each of those miles in under six minutes. Then it's straight to the weight room, where he ignores all those cushy-seated machines and heads for his torture device of choice: a single iron bar, lag-bolted eight feet overhead. A Petraeus pull-up is nothing as simple as hoisting your own body weight up and down a few dozen times. Instead, he slowly jack-knifes from the hips until his shoelaces are level with his face. After 20 of those babies, he drops to the floor for a crisp 100 or so pushups. And to recover from these self-imposed beatings, the general treats himself to a total of one meal per day and four hours of sleep. This, from a guy who a year ago was being treated for prostate cancer and survived getting shot in the chest when a soldier tripped during a live-fire drill..."

brunosbud replied to brunosbud's response:
Newsweek published an article titled "General David Petraeus's Rules for Living," comprising of 12 "lessons on leadership" from the decorated general. Rule #5 reads,

"We all will make mistakes. The key is to recognize them and admit them, to learn from them, and to take off the rear? view mirrors—drive on and avoid making them again."

That's his rule...Feel free to criticize that...

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

This worked for my leg pain..
I suffer from chronic leg pain, bothering me mostly at night when I am trying to go to sleep. My legs ache and burn and have an ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.