Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
I need buy less Holloween candy...
timvasi posted:
I buy the candy and always have some left... I guess I don't want to disappoint the lil kiddies, but I find myself always in a state of sugar shock for the month afterwards...

Anyone else have this issue?

davedsel57 responded:
Hello.

Only you can control what you put in your mouth. I understand how difficult it can be, but you can do it. I have started referring to anything I should not eat as "poison". For me, it is, and this tactic seems to be working.

Another thing that has helped is that we no longer celebrate Halloween. We do not buy candy or have outdoor lights on Halloween night. No one has come to our door for years.

If you still have candy, either give it all away or throw it out. Your health is worth more than a bag of candy.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

DavidHueben responded:
Like Dave, I don't hand out treats. I turn off the lights and go to bed!!!

David
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

Debsbears responded:
I do not celebrate Halloween. In our apt. complex they do not allow the children to go around from apt to apt so no need for bags of candy or turn the lights out either.

The new complex I moved into people leave candy in bowls outside their doors on the shelf for anyone to help themselves. Some people provide different kinds of candy all year round. I will not be doing that. I only took one piece from someone and I felt like I was stealing so it will not be happening again. It's there for the taking but I don't feel right about it.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

confused responded:
My mother donates her left over candy to the church.

Where I live, it's either feast or famine with the children coming. Some years we run out and have to turn out the lights, other years get so few it's amazing. Then I ask hubby to take the leftover in to his office or else we donate it to a church.

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

Getting blood sugar under control using insulin
I normally like Dr. Gabe Mirkin 's advice and newsletters. But in one of his most recent newsletter articles, he commits the same medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.