Skip to content
Confusing Doctor-to doctor reaction to bg levels...
adaptomom posted:
I am confused and more than a little concerned for the husband of a friend of mine. She called me last week with questions about my diagnosis, as her husband just had some fasting bloodwork done and the blood glucose levels came back "a little high". When I asked how high, she said that she thinks it's in the, you know, danger or borderline zone but not actually diabetic range. When pressed, she told me that his fasting bg level was 200. 200! My doctor diagnosed me as diabetic based on two consecutive fasting levels in the 130s (for which I am grateful, as I now have it under tight control and feel better than I ever have). It is beyond me how anyone could have numbers like that and not be told they are diabetic. I visited them the next day with the information I had gotten from the diabetes management clinic which had been very helpful to me, and while I was there he did a random test which read 160. Is it possible that in any place on this earth those readings would not be considered diabetic? I am shocked that his doctor did not order follow up testing or diabetes management for him. He does not seem too concerned, but his wife is beside herself with worry. How can I help? Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

brunosbud responded:
Meds?

DavidHueben responded:
Those are diabetic levels. Any doctor, even one who graduated last in his class from Clown College, would know that.
We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

- Winston S. Churchill

davedsel57 responded:
You can help by suggesting that your friends change doctors. Now. If at all possible, they need to find a doctor that knows how to treat patients as soon as possible.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
74 of 145 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.