Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HOW'S THE TASTE?
MOM2HOUNDS posted:
I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO TRY THIS FOR AWHILE BUT HAVE BEEN HELD BACK BY THE PRICE AND WONDERING HOW IT TASTES. I DON'T MIND PAYING WHAT THEY ASK IF IT TASTES GOOD. AND DOES IT REALLY HELP YOU LOSE WEIGHT WHILE HELPING WITH YOUR DIABETES?

Take the Poll

HOW'S THE TASTE? I AM WONDERING ABOUT THE HUNGER SMART SHAKES AND BARS. I REALLY WANT TO TRY IT BUT I WANT TO BE SURE IT TASTES GOOD BEFORE SPENDING MY MONEY ON IT.
  • GLUCERNA HUNGER SMART CHOCOLATE SHAKE
  • GLUCERNA HUNGER SMART BARS
vote
View Poll Results

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Here is a discussion from earlier this year regarding hunger smart shakes (I'm assuming this is the same product but might be wrong)

Glucerna Hunger Smart Shakes

Haylen

hootyowl2 replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
I cannot use any of those shakes and bars, because they all have soy milk of some kind in them, and I am allergic to soy. Besides they also use skim milk yuk... [at least the products I checked had both soy and skim milk in them.>

Those things are also such puny and stingy portions, and no thanks. They LOOK disgusting to me. Food has to look and taste good to me. If stuff looks disgusting, I cant eat it. [i.e., cooked greens, liver, etc . Eeewww.>

Hooty

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 170 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.