Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
December 2012 looks.....
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
Overwhelming but fun. Hopefully relaxing down towards the end of the year!

I've got 2 end of the year school programs that will be cute and my 7 year old's city finals for her swim team. My husband and I have a few days off together so we're hoping for a kid-free meal and maybe a movie or two. Going to try not to stress too much!!! Stressed out mom = crabby kids and husband

How does your December look?

Haylen
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Debsbears responded:
Mine is going to be spent seeing Dr's unfortunately. PT still 3 days a week.

Good news is all my shopping is done, almost wrapped and all my Christmas Cards will be mailed out tomorrow. So I am ahead of the game, my evenings will be spent relaxing.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Debsbears's response:
What? Finished shopping, wrapped AND Christmas cards being mailed?

Do you have on a cape with an "S" on it Deb? Love the new Santa bear profile pic

Hope the PT is getting the results intended!

H

Debsbears replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Sorry no "S" on the cape, I just like getting things done a little at a time.

As for my Christmas Bears I have had them for 10 years now. They are named after my grandkids - Jewlia and Jr. They get put every year - this place I am in now has a shelf outside our apt. doors for us to put things on so that is where they are. For every one to enjoy.

As for PT things were going good until they informed last week I definitely have dextroscoliosis - my thoracic spine is curving to the right and my aorta is turning with it. Lately my pain level has been climbing - what used to take me 2 hrs to do my Christmas Cards took 2 days off and on sitting is putting a huge strain on my middle back. Once I see the Dr. for that I will know if a brace will help, how I can increase my PT or if surgery will be needed. I know nothing at this point. I am getting all Xrays, ct-scans and MRI to the Neurosurgeon today.

Liladieni responded:
December looks a little hectic and stressful. I'll be starting my final quarter in school, with a huge capstone project due by March. Sounds like a lot of time, I know, but what is usually a group project I will be doing solo.

Only one doctor appointment so far for December, plus continuing to work on finding the right dosage of Lantus. I am at 15 units so far, and as far as I can tell, not even close to what I'll need to bring me in range. Morning sugars are still running a good bit over 300.

Christmas is going to be a blast with a big family get together like we always have. It will be at my sister's house this year, we had Thanksgiving at mine. Good food and good times with family...I love our get togethers.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Debsbears's response:
Oh no Deb...so sorry to hear about the pain level Sending positive thoughts that you'll find answers and relief soon!

Is Jewlia pronounced "Julia"? That was my mother's name. I've always loved it - her friends called her "Jules".

H

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to Liladieni's response:
Liladieni - I had to ask my best friend Mr. Google what a "capstone project" is and found this: Capstone Projects are intended to be intensive, active learning projects, requiring significant effort in the planning and implementation, as well as preparation of a substantial final written work product.

WOW! I'm exhausted just reading the description! What is the topic of your project? I'm sure you told us before but I can't remember your area of study.

Love to hear about sisters who are close! I have a brother but am raising 2 girls. Hoping they will end up good friends...any tips?

H

Liladieni replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Haylen, I am in digital entertainment and game design, finishing up a bachelors. My capstone with be to build a video game from start to finish, inluding all pre production paperwork, promotional materials, cd label and case insert...any imagery you can think of associated with a game. I have to make all the 3D models the game will need and import them into a game engine and make it work right. I have to have a playable cd by the time I am done, and I have to write up a presentation for it with powerpoint. Its going to be a lot to do and I wont have the advantage of having a team to work with since I am the last one to graduate from this program.

As far as sisters growing up....we were 7 years apart so growing up we were into different things at different times. We were friends, but nothing special about it really. Once we were grown, thats when the deep friendship developed. Our parents always encouraged a lot of family togetherness type things for all four of us and even now that she is gone, we still hold onto the traditions. (I have 2 brothers as well, in between me and my sister.)

dustnbones99 responded:
like the end of days. I barely survived Sandy and the snow storm. I'm expecting zombies to show up at my door any day now. I thought you could find anything on the internet but i haven't had much luck finding info on training a dog to hunt the undead . I guess i'll just put up my fake tree, buy lots of batteries, and hope for the best.

Debsbears replied to Haylen_WebMD_Staff's response:
Yes that is how you pronounce her name. She was suppose to be a jennifer but when my son saw her for the first he said she looked like a jewel - so that is how she got her name Jewlia.

davedsel57 responded:
Hello, everyone.

Hopefully our December looks quiet. The bulk of our shopping is done and much was done on-line. A GPS for each son's car, a remote starter for our eldest son's Smartcar that we will have installed next week, an iPhone for our youngest which we got today, and a Tablet PC for my wife that she is already loving. We will open small gifts on Christmas morning - gloves, socks, underwear etc.

My wife and both sons have had pneumonia. Still coughing but improving a bit each day. I get the pneumonia shot every few years so my symptoms have been very minor. I've been able to act as nurse making sure everyone takes their meds on time and cooking lots of different soups.

For the first December in many years my wife will not be working. She had a back injury at work last March and none of her many different treatments have given her sustained relief. Her doctors have now deemed her as 100% disabled and we will be looking to get a workman's compensation settlement early next year. So, she is recovering from pneumonia and back pain. Laying low is what we try to accomplish most days.

Have a healthy and Happy Holiday Season, friends!

Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

davedsel57 replied to Liladieni's response:
Lila, that is quite an impressive major! My sons are both avid gamers and have thought about creating them for a living. Good luck with your project. Sounds like you have a very fun and lucrative career ahead of you!
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

betatoo replied to Liladieni's response:
I used to teach computer animation in HS. We started out with Lightwave, then in the late 90's started with Blender. Many times we did smaller projects of modeling cars, planes, etc. In the last few years we were doing characters with animated walk sequences for bipeds and quads. Bone structure(rigging) was always fascinating and a challenge. Now that I am retired, I still play a little here and there, just built a computer for 3D rendering.
Good luck with the career. We had several students go on into the business. One was working for EA sports the last time I heard from him.

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

Newly Diagnosed Diabetes?
It can be overwhelming to be diagnosed with diabetes. You may not know what steps to take and your doctor may have written a script and ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 50 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.