halle berry
dteresa posted:
Halle Berry was a T1 diabetic and was using an insulin pump. Then I saw an article somewhere in which she said she either cured herself or was cured of the T1. Is this possible? Sounds to me like she is a T1 1/2.

Dolores

mrscora01 responded:
Even a T1.5 wouldn't be able to get off insulin. She made the claim many years ago and then stopped due to the howl from diabetics everywhere. I don't know what happened with her and never heard from any medical professional that treated her (they were remarkably silent about this "miracle") but I can tell you that she didn't cure her T1.

Cora
T1 1966, Dialysis 2001, kidney transplant and pump 2002, pancreas transplant 2008

davedsel57 responded:
Halle Berry is a Type 2 Diabetic according to this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-371528/Halle-Berry-My-battle-diabetes.html

Some Type 2 Diabetics that are insulin dependent do use a pump.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to davedsel57's response:
From the WebMD Feature Slideshow: Celebrities with Diabetes :

Actress Halle Berry has type 2 diabetes. Forget the gossip that Berry had "weaned" herself from insulin and switched from type 1 to type 2 diabetes -- that's not possible. Type 1 diabetes patients can't make insulin and require insulin injections for life. Some type 2 diabetes patients also need insulin shots, in addition to oral medications, to control blood sugar. But most people with type 2 diabetes can survive without insulin, unlike type 1 diabetes patients.

Haylen