Skip to content
advice please.
sarahjanefenton182 posted:
My name is Sarah and I have had diabetes for a while. For me it is a constant struggle to stay up with everything that goes into managing the disease. It is hard because the people around me can't give me very good advice because they don't live with it. This sounds stupid but I think I could just use some encouragement from people who know what it is like. I fell into a rut and have been feeling sick for a while now. Does anyone have any good tips on getting back on track?

NWSmom4g responded:
Sarah, welcome to our group. We have lots of people with years of experience with coping with diabetes, and most of them will offer good advice (there are a few whose advice is suspect, but if it really seems to be wacky, it probably is).

Don't be afraid to ask "stupid" questions...they aren't stupid at all. I'm sure someone will come through with some good tips.

Nancy

dianer01 responded:
Welcome!

Just saying you need some help and encouragement is a big step in the right direction.

When I was first diagnosed it was suggested I keep some records of my blood glucose and food I was eating. I used the booklet which came with my meter and got a little notebook to record the food I ate. Somehow just being honest about what I was eating with the notebook, I felt a little more accountability for what I put in my mouth.

Your log doesn't have to be anything sophisticated but just being able to review the information will help you see where you could have made better choices.

di
accelerate out of the corners

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
74 of 145 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.