Something strange is going on
Debsbears posted:
Okay you all know my t 2 is in control - no meds. Well today I got at 7 as usual my sugars were 81, no problem.

Had breakfast 2 eggs, 1/4cup shredded Swiss Cheese and 1 Thin sandwich bread which is 22 carbs, 5 protein and 5 fiber. This is my breakfast 3 days a week. Sugars 2 hrs later 98.

I went to my Drs appt. was done at 1:30. Wasn't feeling right so I went and got a 15 carb bag of chips at the cafe and a coffee (cafe Mocha). By the time I got home at 2:45 I was dizzy, feeling really out of it, got upstairs and immediately took my sugar thinking really high - no it was only 43. I took it again just to make sure different finger still 43. I ate 2 pieces of candy and waited 15 mins didn't budge so I ate 2 more finally it went up to 81 - 30 mins later.

What the heck is going on? Sugar used to raise it up now it is dropping real low. I was hypoglycemic for better than 10 yrs before being dx'd with T 2. Or could it be as simple as I can't eat or drink things that are simple sugars.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

flutetooter responded:
Deb, even though my sugars are still usually in the non-diabetic range, it is sometimes difficult for me when I am out and around shopping ,etc. to tell whether the spaced out brain is from too little or too much sugar, so I ALWAYS carry my testing kit in my purse even when getting a hair cut or grocery shopping, especially if it is around an upcoming meal time. For me, also my breakfast would be 15 grams carbs, about 11 grams protein and 3 grams fat, and I would have eaten another small meal for lunch before the noontime doctor's (or whatever) appointment ,and would be carrying in my purse 4-5 grams glucose tabs, or better yet, a Cliff's builders bar with about 30 grams carb, 20 grams protein, and 8 grams fat to eat about 1/3 of it after 2 hours.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

Debsbears replied to flutetooter's response:
Thanks Flute my breakfast today was late I didn't eat until 10:30 so I didn't think I needed to take anything with me.

I just don't understand why all of a sudden I'm dropping instead of rising. Shouldn't the coffee with the sugar and the small bag of chips raised it? I haven't had the glucose tabs with me for at least 3 yrs I have been okay. Time to keep something with me at all times and my meter.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com