Skip to content
Something strange is going on
Debsbears posted:
Okay you all know my t 2 is in control - no meds. Well today I got at 7 as usual my sugars were 81, no problem.

Had breakfast 2 eggs, 1/4cup shredded Swiss Cheese and 1 Thin sandwich bread which is 22 carbs, 5 protein and 5 fiber. This is my breakfast 3 days a week. Sugars 2 hrs later 98.

I went to my Drs appt. was done at 1:30. Wasn't feeling right so I went and got a 15 carb bag of chips at the cafe and a coffee (cafe Mocha). By the time I got home at 2:45 I was dizzy, feeling really out of it, got upstairs and immediately took my sugar thinking really high - no it was only 43. I took it again just to make sure different finger still 43. I ate 2 pieces of candy and waited 15 mins didn't budge so I ate 2 more finally it went up to 81 - 30 mins later.

What the heck is going on? Sugar used to raise it up now it is dropping real low. I was hypoglycemic for better than 10 yrs before being dx'd with T 2. Or could it be as simple as I can't eat or drink things that are simple sugars.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

flutetooter responded:
Deb, even though my sugars are still usually in the non-diabetic range, it is sometimes difficult for me when I am out and around shopping ,etc. to tell whether the spaced out brain is from too little or too much sugar, so I ALWAYS carry my testing kit in my purse even when getting a hair cut or grocery shopping, especially if it is around an upcoming meal time. For me, also my breakfast would be 15 grams carbs, about 11 grams protein and 3 grams fat, and I would have eaten another small meal for lunch before the noontime doctor's (or whatever) appointment ,and would be carrying in my purse 4-5 grams glucose tabs, or better yet, a Cliff's builders bar with about 30 grams carb, 20 grams protein, and 8 grams fat to eat about 1/3 of it after 2 hours.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

Debsbears replied to flutetooter's response:
Thanks Flute my breakfast today was late I didn't eat until 10:30 so I didn't think I needed to take anything with me.

I just don't understand why all of a sudden I'm dropping instead of rising. Shouldn't the coffee with the sugar and the small bag of chips raised it? I haven't had the glucose tabs with me for at least 3 yrs I have been okay. Time to keep something with me at all times and my meter.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
120 of 171 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.