Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
re:strung along
cnadygirl53 posted:
yes I hear what you all are saying but I am the type of person if I am not sick, don't call me sick or treat me like I am. I just don't like pill popping if I can help it. Every day I get up and feel great, my doctor told me my a1c was 6.2 and that was great, it seems like a waste of time to go to these doctors who act like you are either crazy, or just another medicaid person looking for some sympathy, I take care of myself I really do. My health is very important to me but it hurts my feelings when I am told I am okay go live your life and my body is telling me other wise. If you keep telling yourself you are sick you will think you are. I still cry over this cause of the advice I get from people is crazy but I have struggled with my health all my life I do what I can the rest is in God's hands.

davedsel57 responded:
You are another member here that is in complete denial. Eventually you will suffer the consequences and then realize that you do indeed have a disease that can be managed with lifestyle changes and medication if needed. I urge you to think about your attitude and decide if losing a toe, foot, leg, eyesight or your life is worth being so stubborn.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thanks for posting cnadygirl53.

I don't think a diagnosis of "diabetes" should be seen as someone calling you "sick". I completely understand that you would like to avoid medication and you got some great support and suggestions from this community.

I hope you continue to to take care of yourself and address health issues so you can stay healthy.

Haylen

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

Getting blood sugar under control using insulin
I normally like Dr. Gabe Mirkin 's advice and newsletters. But in one of his most recent newsletter articles, he commits the same medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.