re:strung along
cnadygirl53 posted:
yes I hear what you all are saying but I am the type of person if I am not sick, don't call me sick or treat me like I am. I just don't like pill popping if I can help it. Every day I get up and feel great, my doctor told me my a1c was 6.2 and that was great, it seems like a waste of time to go to these doctors who act like you are either crazy, or just another medicaid person looking for some sympathy, I take care of myself I really do. My health is very important to me but it hurts my feelings when I am told I am okay go live your life and my body is telling me other wise. If you keep telling yourself you are sick you will think you are. I still cry over this cause of the advice I get from people is crazy but I have struggled with my health all my life I do what I can the rest is in God's hands.

davedsel57 responded:
You are another member here that is in complete denial. Eventually you will suffer the consequences and then realize that you do indeed have a disease that can be managed with lifestyle changes and medication if needed. I urge you to think about your attitude and decide if losing a toe, foot, leg, eyesight or your life is worth being so stubborn.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thanks for posting cnadygirl53.

I don't think a diagnosis of "diabetes" should be seen as someone calling you "sick". I completely understand that you would like to avoid medication and you got some great support and suggestions from this community.

I hope you continue to to take care of yourself and address health issues so you can stay healthy.

Haylen