Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Muster - December 10!
Haylen_WebMD_Staff posted:
How was your weekend? If you celebrate the holidays, do you have any decorations up?

Share what's coming up for you this week here too!

The highlight of my weekend is that my 7 year old made the husband and I a pot of coffee all by herself - from getting the pot out of the dishwasher to pushing the "on" button (photo below). We bought the tree and are decorating tonight.

Who is next?

Haylen

davedsel57 responded:
Hello, everyone.

I've put out some simple Christmas nick-knacks around December 1. We have a 6 foot fiber optic tree that we put up each year. That will go up this week. Absolutely no way we can put up a live tree, or even an artificial tree with ornaments. The cats like that stuff too much and we have had episodes where cats have been in Christmas trees and knocked them over.

Weekend was OK. Wife and eldest son are recovering slowly from the pneumonia after a 3rd course of Z-pack. Son is still coughing but he has asthma as well. We may be calling the doctor again to see what they recommend.

You daughter did a great job with the coffee, Haylen! That's the way to do it - train them to love coffee early in life. LOL.

Have a blessed and marvelous Monday, friends.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

mhall6252 responded:
We had a busy weekend - went to dinner and a show in Boston on Friday night. Saturday we cleaned up the mess from tree decorating then went to dinner with my son and his partner. Yesterday I went with my daughter to see the Gift of Lights display at NH Racetrack. It was actually a mini-Cooper rally and there were about 50 minis who participated. We filled up one car with Toys for Tots and we put down the convertible top while driving through the display, even though it was about 40 degrees...brrrr!

I have doctor appointments on Wednesday - one with the surgeon to schedule the new port placement, and one with the oncologist to decide which chemo protocol is next and when it will start.

Our tree is up and decorated - a real tree from a tree farm in upstate NH that we had shipped to our house, I wasn't up for trekking in the fields.

Haylen - your daughter is adorable and you can see the pride in her smile. Now you can look forward to breakfast in bed that includes coffee!!!
Michelle
Diabetic since 5/2001
Follow my journey at www.mch-breastcancer.blogspot.com
Smile and the world smiles with you.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to mhall6252's response:
Michelle, your weekend sounded fun! Love the mini-cooper rally - I'll have to google to see photos.

Thanks for the breakfast in bed idea - next up - bacon and eggs! Ha!

Haylen_WebMD_Staff replied to davedsel57's response:
I forgot about cats and Christmas trees! I'm sure there are some "TIMBER" moments around the world in households that have cats.

Hope wife and son continue to improve and that you avoid getting sick too....

Maybe my love of coffee started when I made cups for my mom and dad with "foldgers instant crystals" back in the 70s!

Haylen

Debsbears responded:
Hello all,

On Sat. I left my house at 8:30am went out for breakfast with a friend, went to do my elderly friend's hair, went home to put my neck brace on then we went shopping for her to buy Christmas gifts for her family. Finally made it back home at 4:30pm. Ate dinner then went downstairs to play cards.

Tried to sleep in on Sunday but had an adverse affect to a new medication, so I had to stay home all day. I called the Dr. today to tell her what happened and that I will not be taking it anymore. She agreed.

Mon. - I had PT,
Wed. - Pulmonary Dr. in the AM and an unexpected appt. with Neurosurgeon in the afternoon - not only did they find scoliosis but also found on the X-ray that I have interposition of the intestines under the diaphragm and liver on the right side, he said they call it Chilaiditi Syndrome. Not sure what is going to happen. I will find out then.
Fri. - PT in the AM and Dermatology appt. in the afternoon just to check out a strange looking mole. Probably nothing but one can not take chances.

That is it for this week. All my Christmas Cards are out, gifts wrapped and set aside for the people to come and get them, 3 ft. tree is up, manger scenes are displayed and one wall is decorated with bows and ribbons to hang my Christmas Cards.

How precious that your daughter made coffee for the 2 of you.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

betatoo responded:
Last day of hunting on Saturday, no deer after to weeks. Tree is up and trimmed, house is nearly decorated, and we are all healthy here.

Still holding the line on no medication with diet and exercise my main line of defense. After the herniated disc, I have started back to doing pull ups and chin ups, push ups, and total gym. Hunting was a pile of walking as we drive the woods out, don't just sit for hours on end.

I hope everyone here finds their way to better numbers, it is important and controllable with effort.

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
73 of 144 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.