Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Diabetes 2 causes compulsions and parkinson's?
cjmmfgogetyoguns posted:
My dad's fingers must have no feeling. He is always picking his thumb and middle finger, its like a blood pressure tick. I don't think its "pill rolling" But he always has to touch something, he can't keep his fingers still unless holds something. He developed a compulsion of paper folding. He hides this symptom by reading the newspaper for HOURS. Is he losing his nerves in the tip of his fingers or what? He's a very moody person so nobody will ask if he's sick. He has type 2 diabetes and can't stop drinking. He over eats by drinking and he isn't getting the needed glucose.. I need help cause he drives and can't keep his hands on the wheel. We are going to be traveling for Xmas and I'm worried for our safety. I think he's just given up cause his in his 60s and doesn't care about losing weight.

davedsel57 responded:
Hello and welcome.

I understand about your concern for your father. The best thing you can do for him is to encourage him to see his doctor and manage his Type 2 Diabetes better by changing his lifestyle. Ultimately, it is your father's health and his choice to make changes. You can help by learning all you can about diabetes and trying to urge him to make wise choices.

Since most of are not doctors, we would not be able offer any opinion on the other symptoms. Plus, it is against the rules in all WebMD communities to diagnose or offer medical advice.

Bottom line is that your dad does need to see his doctor asap and make the lifestyle changes needed to improve his health.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Helpful Tips

Eliminating "Popular" Discussions Confusion
WebMD continues to post older (i.e., inactive) discussions under the heading [POPULAR Discussions>. This often triggers fresh responses ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 10 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.