Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Photo how are you?
Debsbears posted:
Haven't seen you around in awhile please check in. How are you doing? I think of you often. Deb
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

Phototaker123 responded:
Thank you, Deb! A friend told me someone had posted asking about me. I needed some time away to get a hold on my diabetes. I've been struggling with my numbers and needed to get much more strict again. I think my two cruises to Europe, trip back East, and trip to Yellowstone really upset my regular eating schedules. Actually, the cruises were mostly okay, as I got to choose what to eat. My diabetes has progressed a bit. I'm now on 1,000 mg. a day. I thought I was only to take one pill a day, and that did no good so now I'm taking 500 mg. "twice" a day. It doesn't seem to help me that much and my numbers are like I was when I wasn't taking medicine, so I'm assuming I've progressed. The biggest part of the problem is that I haven't been able to do my exercising every day for an hour. I pulled a hip flexor muscle and had to do exercises for that for the last three months, every day. I couldn't even walk without sharp pains. I had overdone my zumba, U-Jam, ballroom, salsa dancing, and even did aerobic swimming and walking on my photography trips. I "was" able to get through the cruises, no problem, and was almost healed before going to Yellowstone in Aug. of this year. I then went back East for my brother's birthday party, and was able to do some walking then, too. I'm "just" about ready to go back to dancing again. I will only start with one dance a week, continuing my swimming and walking. I gained about five lbs., but I'm starting to get it off now.

The best part is that I'm very happy with my life, sort of like a glowing inner peace within me. Michelle and others like you have inspired me not to let the little aches and pains get me down, and just to move forward, enjoying every moment I can in life.

How have you been? How's your health the past few months? What's happening with our other friends? I haven't read the blog in months! If others are reading and know me, let me know how you've been. There are others I've cared about, but just needed this time to get myself well again!

Thanks for asking, Deb!

Phototaker123 replied to Phototaker123's response:
Oops...1,000 mg. of Metformin each day! I forgot to say "what" medicine! How's Dr. Dansinger doing? Did you all have a wonderful holiday with your family or friends?

davedsel57 replied to Phototaker123's response:
Hello, Photo! I am glad to see you posting again. I missed you.

My family and I had a wonderful Christmas. Now we are dealing with the affects of last night's first winter storm. Dumped a foot of snow in many parts of the northeastern US, and we in Western New York were not excluded. Clean up is underway and things are getting back to normal quickly.

I understand about the Diabetes progressing. I'm there too. There has been so much stress in my life for the past few years. I saw my doctor on 12/17/12 and he doubled my Glyburide. I'm now on the maximum daily doses of both Metformin and Glyburide. My doctor has given me 3 weeks to get it under control or I start insulin. I'm trying for 150 or less carbs per day and it is slowly coming down. Very frustrating.

Again, good to see you Photo.

Have a blessed and thankful Thursday, friends.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

Debsbears replied to Phototaker123's response:
Well, you sure have been through a lot in the months that have passed. I just couldn't remember how long but I am glad to hear from you. You have more than a few little aches and pains going on which also raises the sugars a bit so don't beat yourself up over having to take more Metformin, it is okay. Before you know it you numbers will be back in order.

I am glad you have taken your trips and got in touch with yourself that is good. Taking a break from here is also good from time to time. I think of you often and just didn't want you to think we forgot about you.

I am doing okay, had my 4th neck surgery in Sept. found out I am now dealing with thoracic scoliosis from T2 to T12 and beyond. Looking at a 12 to 15 vertebrae fusion, now on the back burner because I have an enlarged heart and a 1/3 of my intestines are up under my liver and diaphragm in my chest. So more doctor appts and tests to see what needs to be done first.

My sugars are no longer normal they are dropping into the 70's and 80's due to a change in my meds. I have to eat differently again consuming more complex carbs than I'd like too. I was taken off my cholesterol meds for 6 months because they interfere with some of my blood tests and had to change my water pills which is causing the drop in blood sugars. Other than that I am good.

Please keep in touch once in awhile you have much to offer others here as well. Deb

auriga1 replied to Phototaker123's response:
Photo, good to see you here.

Completely understand about the physical activity thing. It has done wonders for me in that I don't need to take as much insulin. I figure I'll be on insulin the rest of my life because my doc believes that my pancreas is not producting any insulin whatsoever. All is good because I can adjust.

Bet you can't wait to get back to dancing. I know how you love it.

I work four hours daily, five days a week. Very physical work, so I can eat and work it off. LOL. I can't believe I'm saying that. Yes, I can eat a full meal full of carbs and keep working. If I don't eat enough carbs, I drop into the 50's. So I graze all during lunch and my BS remains normal. Fascinating how my body works.

Keep yourself well. Good to see you.

Deb, now you have to deal with scoliosis. Good grief. Don't know you you do it, but you are hanging in there dealing with everything with dignity and strength.

Debsbears replied to auriga1's response:
Auriga the truth is I don't do this alone I have the Lord on my side, so I can handle it a little easier. There are days that I have put my hands in the air and said ok I'm done take over, I feel He does. Thanks for the compliment. Hanging in there is what I seem to do best.

dianer01 replied to Phototaker123's response:
Hi Photo,

It is good to see you. I am glad you are both able to stay busy and truly enjoying life.

my best to you.

di
accelerate out of the corners

auriga1 replied to Debsbears's response:
Good to hear, Deb. Your faith will get you everywhere.

Helpful Tips

Eliminating "Popular" Discussions Confusion
WebMD continues to post older (i.e., inactive) discussions under the heading [POPULAR Discussions>. This often triggers fresh responses ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 10 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.