Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
The moderators
liladieni posted:
I emailed about the absence of the moderators as well...I know many have been missing them and wondering where they went. This is the answer I got:

WebMD has decided to shift the focus of the communities from being WebMD-managed to now being more member-managed — allowing members to shape their conversations and their communities in the direction that suits their needs. We have seen this as a growing trend among other social networking sites/message boards and feel it will better facilitate interaction among our members. Even with this change, we will continue to invite experts to keep answering member questions as they have been in the past. Along with this, we have also recently made some significant updates to our Answers tool (answers.webmd.com ) and we hope you will make use of this resource as well.

If you do need to reach a WebMD Staff member, please reach out either via our reporting tool on this community or by submitting an email here: https://customercare.webmd.com/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp?style=classic .

Hope that helps....took a couple days, but they did answer me.

Debsbears responded:
This is my opinion - I am not happy with this these changes I did tell them that as well. I came here because it was monitored. I most likely will not be posting here anymore.

I do not belong to any web sites that aren't monitored. I joined because it was not like all the other "social networking sites". It was not a social network. I do not feel comfortable here now.

I have gone to the ask a question/answer spot - people answer the real questions wrong or just don't have a clue what they are talking about. I'm done here. Deb
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

davedsel57 replied to Debsbears's response:
Woops, did not read this until now, Deb. You do not have to forward me the e-mail.

No, I'm not happy with this either. I feel the moderators added so much and also made the environment feel safer. Inappropriate posts are being deleted if reported, but I've noticed a looser standard with more bickering allowed.

I do not like the "answers" site either.

Not sure if I will continue in the communities. I am sad as I have been a member of WebMD for 10 years. I've seen many changes but this one is definitely not an improvement.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

rohvannyn replied to davedsel57's response:
First of all, thanks for letting me know why there aren't as many mods on! I certainly don't like the lack of moderators either. I know it's probably a cost cutting measure because it costs money to hire the mods, but one thing I always liked was the presence of mods who are experts in their fields to answer questions. At least this isn't true of all communities, there are still several who are monitored fairly regularly. I'll probably be over there.

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

Newly Diagnosed Diabetes?
It can be overwhelming to be diagnosed with diabetes. You may not know what steps to take and your doctor may have written a script and ... More
Was this Helpful?
39 of 50 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.