Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Step in right direction
colesmom63 posted:
I called my local hospital and signed up for a free diabetes support group and education class that meets once a month. I guess it's a start.

davedsel57 responded:
That is a very good start. You can also search the internet for resources. Right here at WebMD Michale Dansinger, MD has a blog. Look at the right of the screen and click on the link to that. He offers very good information for not only controlling but reversing Type 2 Diabetes.

There is a learning curve, but I know you can do it and be successful.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

1islandgirl responded:
Hi colesmom,
I've been type 2 dibetic for 20 years and now I certainly can understand your problem about the carbs. I'm not carbs addicted, but I am sugar addicted, especially Coke and Pepsi. My Doctor told me that I was literally dying of diabetes inch by inch.
The support group here on the island meets only once a
a month also and that's just NOT enough for me. I need an
online AA type support group where you have a sponsor you can contact when you're about to do something that will put your numbers sky high again. Would you be interested in setting up a mutual buddy system support between us? We can design it anyway we want. And we could invite others to join too if we wanted to.
What do you think?

colesmom63 replied to 1islandgirl's response:
Hi Islandgirl Yes I would be willing to set up something like that. Yesterday was really bad. My sugars were high all day long. I felt like crap. Let me know. Sheri

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

food that helps dibeties
Try raw vegetable. Blend raw veggies that are complex carbs. Complex take a long time to be converted into glocose. They are filling and ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 5 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.