Skip to content
I'll try this question again...
colesmom63 posted:
Has anyone ever tried or heard anything either positive or negative about Nurtisystem D? I am considering trying it after my husband's diability claim is approved (through VA). Thanks

NWSmom4g responded:
Colesmom, Consumer Reports magazine recently did an article comparing some of the weight-loss systems. They included the one you are mentioning. (This was in one of the last three issues, I'm sure) Your local library should have access.

Nancy

Debsbears responded:
The question was and still is - has anyone tried Nutrisystem D - and you want comments.

The reason why no one responded could be that NO ONE has tried it.

Yes I have checked it out and for me I can't afford it. The magazines say 299.00 for 2 weeks. I went online it is crazy.

Our Walmart is now selling starter kits 1 week worth of food- 7 breakfast, 7 lunches, 7 snacks and 7 dinners. It was about 55.00. That was for the N -D system. All this weeks worth of food was in a small box about 20" by 20". Looked like all processed foods. Go to your local Walmart in the Pharmacy Dept. and see if they have it there and check it out.

The problem I found with it was: too many artificial sugars or should I say fake sugars. Way too much food for me. Too many carbs. Plus on top of all the extra stuff in there that I would not eat you still have to buy fruits and veggies to compliment it all. It does have all the ingredients on the package plus all the carbs per meals. Just not for me.

I will stick to my 3 small meals, no artificial sugars and my small apples and veggies. My whole months worth of food averages about 140.00 and I get only what I am suppose to eat per my Drs and dietitian. Feel free to try it and let us know what you think of it.
I shall wait upon the Lord and renew my strength.
Come follow my life's journey at:
www.mybearyspecial.blogspot.com

davedsel57 responded:
Nancy and Deb have given you good advice.

I looked into Nutrisystem and Jenny Craig a few years ago. We currently spend about $400.00 per month for groceries for a family of four adults. That is about the cost for a month of food for one person. And, as Deb said, you still have to go to the grocery store to supplement what is missing.

IMHO, the best way to control our Type 2 Diabetes is to follow a diet that focuses on low-starch vegetables, lean proteins and dairy and some whole grains.

Any program works as long as you are consistent. Remember, this is a marathon, not a sprint. You need to learn healthy habits and change your lifestyle.
Click on my user name or avatar picture to read my story.

Blessings,

Dave

colesmom63 replied to davedsel57's response:
WOW I did not realize it was THAT expensive! I guess that's off the table...lol Thanks for answering.

Helpful Tips

Getting blood sugar under control using insulin
I normally like Dr. Gabe Mirkin 's advice and newsletters. But in one of his most recent newsletter articles, he commits the same medical ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 4 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.