Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Have difficulty exercising, please help with ideas of weight loss.
    frilly posted:
    Hey, My sugar levels are absolutely normal my doctor says. My problem is although I eat very sensibly I am disabled and therefor find it difficult to do enough exercise to use the calories I eat from the small amount I eat.
    He says I am making too much Insulin which is of course then stored as fat. I walk around the house with a frame all day. I exercise on my bed for an hour every day, maybe miss one a week.
    This exercise is as much to strengthen my back & core muscles as much as anything. My back is slowly compress fracturing. I have rods, screws & baskets holding it together. My ribs have been breaking so frequently that a normal xray & even cat scans it is difficult to see a break now. There are some that have broken again $ again,
    I have lost a fair amount of height so my GP fears my rib cage will settle on my pelvis soon. That will make another range of problems.
    I have about 30 kilos to lose at least. If anyone has any ideas I will be most grateful
    frilly

Helpful Tips

Tip for Less Severe Neuropathy Symptoms
    I was diagnosed with Type 2 over eight years ago and have been lucky enough to control my disease with weight loss, diet and exercise ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.