Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Type 2 Diabetes
JennAW posted:
I was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and will be receiving Metformin as a medication to help control my blood glucose levels. Is there anything that anyone can tell me about it? I have passed out 3 times in the last week. I've been watching the amount of sugars, carbs, and fat in the foods that I have prepared, but it does not seem to help as I never used to pass out before. Does anyone have some advice that they can give to me?

dizzyanne responded:
Are you checking your sugars regularly? Do you have any symptoms prior to passing out? Dizzy, light headed, sweating, stuttering?

An_245101 responded:
http://www.webmd.com/drugs/mono-7061-METFORMIN - ORAL.aspx?drugid=11285&drugname=metformin Oral&source=2

The above is more on Metformin. We are not to diagnose or should not even guess why you are passing out - you should be calling your Dr.

Featuring Experts

Michael Dansinger, MD, is a nationally recognized authority on dietary and lifestyle counseling for weight loss and disease prevention. He is the nutr...More

Helpful Tips

Ideal Blood Sugar
If you have been diagnosed with diabetes-you should talk to your doctor about target blood sugar goals. Here is a general range suggested ... More
Was this Helpful?
119 of 170 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.