Skip to content
prediabetic diagnosis
usedtobefitalso posted:
White. 56 yrs old. 197 lbs dressed (meaning clothed, not gutted like a deer.). FBS 132.
I did not eat healthy the night before my FBS test though I did fast for 9 hours. Ice cream is my friend. doc says I may be prediabetic. always been healthy but have put on a few (18) belly pounds in last 5 years. (went from 30 years of active job to last 5 years sedentary type work.) Just made pact with wife to eat much less (had 2034 extra cals today - 1400 after doc visit as last big hurrah as I climb on wagon). Am I too late to prevent the type 2.

brunosbud responded:
The answer to your question is "Yes, it's never too late!"

Now, here's my question to you: "Is it possible to look and feel young enough that a stranger could mistake you for being 40?"

It's not just "possible", it's "doable"! Why stop at diabetes? You're retired; what else do you have to do?

Helpful Tips

A Diabetes Reversal StoryExpert
Many people understand that they can probably improve their diabetes by eating right and exercising, but figuring out how to make it ... More
Was this Helpful?
74 of 145 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Conquering Diabetes - Michael Dansinger, MD

Dr. Michael Dansinger provides thoughtful tips for those with type 2 diabetes or pre-diabetes who want to reclaim their health...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.