Insulin resistance and low blood sugar
Rachg810 posted:
Hi everyone! I was seeing a gyno for my horrible periods and pmdd and some blood works showed that i'm insulin resistant!? I am hypoglycemic not diabetic. I have been dealing with sugar lows for over 2 years now. Prob more but that's when we finally figured it out. I know will be seeing an endocrinologist for the 3rd time. First 2 docs said i'm overweight need to loose so i don't become diabetic . Well i have gained 50 pounds since i have had low blood sugar diagnosed. I eat good but i'm stressed a lot! 23 years old and to much going on and not enough answers. I have severe anxiety now because of all this and its gets worse going to the doctor because i don't know what they will say next or not help me. I wan't to live my life agian. My family doc is confused because of my low blood sugar and having insulin resistance. She said usually it would be high. Treating it with diabetic meds...which that scares me because i don't wan't my sugar to get even lower. Anyone dealing with this or can give me some information until my apt on the 28th. I do have fibromyalgia too. I live in Midwest so symtoms have been so bad in the cold. My body hurts, i get dizzy, weak tired all the time and bad anxiety, deep shakes like within my muscles, not seen when you look at me. Sometimes after i eat they happen. I know what low blood sugar can cause and sometimes its not low when i feel that way. Maybe insulin resistance? I just feel like alot of my problems are all around one? They think fibro from my female problems now female problems from insulin resistance. Can insulin resistance cause low blood sugar? Thanks for any advice and help.