Week #2, Low Carb Boot Camp
flutetooter posted:
Already I have more stable glucose numbers - 80s up to 121 throughout the day. Some days stay completely in the 80s-90s range even 1 hr pp. Not hungry. Developing new recipies. Fruits at breakfast raise bg more than tucked into a meal later on in the day. I read that most people are more insulin resistant at breakfast. Still testing to find out how many total carbs (sugars and all veggies included) my body can handle with and without extra exercise. 4 pound weight loss, but it is my intention not to go much lower. I need to find which foods I can eat for energy, health, and stable weight without raising the blood glucose much. Doing a lot of research.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

betatoo responded:
Sounds like things are progressing. I went through this in 2009. I got down to 147, and found I needed to stop the drop. Instead of changing the eating too much I started snacking with nuts and apples. Calories are calories, and nuts are pretty basic in their protein, and carbs are low. I still have a tendency to eat a lot of salad, or veggies with lean protein. I usually just microwave frozen veggies, chicken, and add caesar dressing or southwestern ranch. When we eat out, I still stick to salads, or lean protein and veggies. I also have found a craving for avocado of late even though I used to dislike it due to texture and lack of taste. Nowadays I like it in salads with some sort of citrus dressing or guacamole I make myself. You are doing well, keep up the good work.

flutetooter replied to betatoo's response:
Thanks, Beta. I am 100% with you on the types of food I eat. Today I am focusing on dehydration because I dropped another pound and have ankle (lol) cramps upon waking. Also my fg is up, which signals more red cells with sugar glycation in less water volume of the blood.

I will also check with my doctor about lessening the strength of water pills that I take for higher blood pressure. The blood pressure usually also comes down with better sugar control.
It all goes together.

Meanwhile I am eating more good snacks and drinking more water and smiling because bathing suit weather (in Florida at least) is coming up in three weeks for us! Whoops, I forgot -- that seems to be a topic that offends some as being off topic.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

betatoo replied to flutetooter's response:
Yes, keep hydrating. Do you use any vinegar in water? I have found that this helps to quench my thirst after a workout. I also drink it before meals-large glass. As I have never been in high blood pressure, I can't help you out there. I do know that continued exercise, and healthy eating will lower your numbers there slowly. In the end I really believe there is something to the paleolithic diet fad out there. I find that cutting way back on the starches, and eating heavily in the green leafy veggies, and as many other colors I can is great. Berries work really well for snacks, and their season is coming soon!